If you’re looking for a cookie that combines all of your favorite flavors, then look no further than these Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
This recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and salty, and the chewy texture of the caramel bits adds an extra level of deliciousness.
The combination of peanut butter, chocolate chips, and caramel bits creates a deliciously sweet and nutty flavor.
These cookies have a soft and chewy texture that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
They are easy to make with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
The recipe yields a large batch of cookies, making it perfect for sharing with friends and family or for meal prepping.
These cookies are versatile and can be stored for several days or frozen for later enjoyment.
What Ingredients Are in Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Peanut butter caramel cookies have a combination of flavors that is a game changer!
They are the only thing you’re going to want to put on your cookie tray this new year!
Here’s what you need:
- Butter: Provides fat and flavor for the cookies.
- Light brown sugar: Adds sweetness and moisture to the cookies.
- White sugar: Adds sweetness and helps the cookies spread.
- Eggs: Bind the ingredients together and provide structure.
- Vanilla extract: Adds flavor to the cookies.
- Creamy peanut butter: Adds nutty flavor and moisture to the cookies.
- All-purpose flour: Provides structure and texture to the cookies.
- Baking soda: Helps the cookies rise and become fluffy.
- Salt: Enhances the flavor of the cookies and balances the sweetness.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: Adds chocolate flavor and texture to the cookies.
- Caramel bits: Adds a chewy texture and sweet flavor to the cookies.
- Use room temperature butter to make creaming easier and faster.
- Don’t use natural peanut butter. It has a different consistency than regular peanut butter.
- I don’t recommend chunky peanut butter or crunchy peanut butter. Stick with creamy.
How to Make Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chewy peanut butter cookies are made with rich caramel and smooth peanut butter for amazing cookies every time!
Here are some simple steps on how to get these chewy cookies:
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chewy caramels.
- Form the cookie dough into balls and bake in a preheated oven until golden brown.
- Use a cookie scoop or measuring spoon to portion out the dough for even-sized cookies.
- If you want your own caramel recipe, try these Maple Caramels. They are sure to be a hit!
- Use parchment paper on the sheet pan to make an easy clean up!
- Bake cookies until they are just golden brown!
Can You Put Caramel in Peanut Butter Cookies?
Yes, you can put caramel in peanut butter cookies, and it’s a delicious addition!
The caramel bits in this recipe add a chewy texture and a sweet flavor that compliments the peanut butter and chocolate chips perfectly.
Plus caramel tends to be just a bit salty. The chocolate, peanut butter, salty flavor is really one that’s hard to resist!
How to Store Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
To store your cookies, let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container.
They can be stored at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
You can also store them in the fridge and keep them for up to a week.
Though I like the softness of them better when stored on the counter.
Can You Freeze Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies!
Once they have cooled, place them in an airtight container or a freezer bag, and they can be frozen for up to 2-3 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply thaw them at room temperature.
A great way to do that is to pull out a container of ice cream at the same time! Double yum!
Can Dogs or Cats Eat Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
No, it’s not recommended to give these cookies to your pets.
Chocolate can be toxic to dogs and cats, and the sugar and fat content in the cookies can also be harmful to their health.
Always be careful when sharing food with your pets to stick to food formulated just for them.
It tends to go over easier on their digestive systems.
Are Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Healthy?
While these cookies are delicious, they are not necessarily healthy.
They’ve got a pretty high sugar content, and if you ate them for every meal, you’d feel it!
It’s best to enjoy them in moderation as an occasional treat.
However, they may be the best cookie you ever put on your baking tray!
Are Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Keto?
Creamy caramel, chocolate cookie, and yummy peanut butter!
Unfortunately, these cookies may be super yummy but are not keto-friendly.
If you’re following a keto diet, it’s best to look for recipes that use low-carb and sugar-free alternatives.
With this recipe, you can easily whip up a batch of these delicious cookies in no time, and share them with your loved ones for an unforgettable sweet treat.
More Cookies You’ll Love…
- Nesquik No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie Recipe
- Toffee Doodle Cookie Recipe
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- No Bake Monster Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Rice Krispie Cookies
- Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Florentine Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Banana Cookies
Whether you enjoy them fresh out of the oven or later on, these cookies are sure to satisfy any sweet craving and leave you wanting more.
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper, non-stick foil, baking mat or spray with cooking spray.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and blend well, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add peanut butter and blend again. Scrape sides.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Add baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and caramel bits - blend.
- In a small bowl add 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon portions of dough and roll into a ball.
- Roll cookig ball in sugar.
- Place cookie balls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Fill the entire sheet, leaving enough space between so cookies can expand.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove when edges have a hint of golden.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g