If you love all things chocolate then you’ve got to try this.
Some would look at this and instantly declare dessert.
I myself am a dessert first, dinner later kind of gal and love eating dessert type items for breakfast which is why this recipe really jumped out at me.
Seriously, WHO I ask, WHO would turn down chocolate pancakes with a chocolate ganache, strawberries and bacon for breakfast? NO ONE.
Ok, my husband would. He isn’t much of a dessert person. BUT seriously, DELICIOUS.
This is the type of breakfast you make your mom for Mother’s Day. Or your kids for their birthday breakfast. Or, for your spouse after an argument.
This is the epitome of a weekend at home, let’s do anything we want kind of breakfast, or dessert, or dinner. Really – why limit ourselves?
The chocolate pancakes are mild in flavor but fluffy and delicious. The chocolate ganache is a well used recipe I’ve been making for years; and the bacon dipped in chocolate ganache is BEYOND amazing.
Put them all together and you really have the best, most amazing breakfast EVER!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1 recipe for Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare griddle or pan for pancakes by preheating it to 350 degrees or medium to medium high heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine milk, buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add cocoa powder, white sugar, brown sugar and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- When batter is prepared and griddle/pan is hot, butter or spray pan if needed and pour 1/4 cup of batter down on griddle. Cook until bubbles surface and pop, then flip. Cook until done (about 2 minutes)
- Serve with bacon (trust me), doused in chocolate ganache and strawberries or your favorite fruit!
Recipe By: Cooking Classy <– Genius. Seriously, anyone who comes up with the idea for chocolate pancakes, is a genius in my book.
Items recommended for this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…