This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is the best! It is edible without cooking and perfect for snacking, ice cream, brownies, or any other sort of dessert! Always keep some in your freezer and you’ll use it way more often than you think!
Making an edible chocolate chip cookie dough recipe is actually fairly simple!
Using creamy butter, sweet sugar, salt, flour, vanilla, and chocolate chips, you’ll create a no bake cookie dough that is to die for!
For a long time, I’ve been making Cookie Dough Cheesecake Dip. And it’s heavenly.
But I knew I also needed that classic cookie dough recipe that I could eat off the spoon without worrying about getting sick. And here it is!
I love how easy cookie dough is to make.
With no baking, rising, freezing, or any other complicated steps, it’s a literal mix and eat recipe!
Edible chocolate chip cookie dough is also incredibly fast to make. And when I’ve got a friend that calls crying and needs some sugar, ASAP, this is my go to sob fest dessert!
Ingredients in Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Only six simple ingredients in this chocolate chip cookie dough!
- Butter: I use salted butter in all of my baking but you could use unsalted too.
- Brown Sugar: Don’t be afraid to pack the brown sugar down. It’s how you accurately measure it!
- Salt: Necessary for bringing out the best flavor.
- Flour: Use regular all purpose flour.
- Vanilla: No substitutions! Pure vanilla will give your cookies the delicious flavor they need.
- Chocolate Chips: I use semi-sweet chocolate chips. You could substitute any flavor of chocolate chips you desire!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Since there is no baking required, making chocolate chip cookie dough is super simple!
- Mix: I prefer to use a hand mixer. It saves my hand a lot of trouble!
- Eat: As soon as it’s done mixing, dig in! It really is that easy!
- You want your cookie dough to be somewhere between crumbly and solid. To avoid it being too crumbly add your flour slowly and stop early if you need too.
- Always add ingredients one at a time, mixing between each addition. That makes sure you aren’t left with lumps of random ingredients at the end.
Can You Add Oatmeal to Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Unfortunately, this cookie dough recipe is not set up for oatmeal.
Adding oatmeal when it’s not called for will leave your cookie dough dry and crumbly.
If you want a fabulous cookie dough with oatmeal try this recipe for Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Those ones require baking but turn out OH so delicious.
What Should Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Look Like?
This is actually a great question. Here’s a few pointers on how to know you’ve got the right consistency.
- Soft: You can pinch it between your fingers and it easily squishes.
- Rolling: It can be rolled into a ball that sticks to itself.
- Light: It shouldn’t be so sticky that your fingers get totally coated in cookie dough.
But honestly, the proof is in the cookie.
Some doughs are going to turn out sticky. Some doughs are going to turn out dense and some will be light.
The real trick is flavor.
Is the dough delicious? Is it easy to eat? Do you want to eat more?
If the answer to those questions is yes, then that’s exactly what your cookie dough should look like.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Though chocolate chip cookie dough doesn’t require any freezing in order to eat it, the answer is yes! You can absolutely freeze this cookie dough.
There are a few reasons you might want to freeze cookie dough:
- Save it for later. This will allow you to eat it whenever you want.
- To put into other desserts like ice cream. Unfrozen cookie dough will mix right into the ice cream. Frozen cookie dough will keep its form much better.
- As a pie base. Push the cookie dough into the sides of a pie pan and freeze. Then fill with your yummy ice cream or pie filling.
How to Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Since chocolate chip cookie dough doesn’t need to cool, as it hasn’t baked, it can go straight into a container in your freezer.
Once in your freezer you can store and use for up to 2 months. If you’re using it later in a recipe that needs it to be shaped a certain way, shape it before freezing. Frozen cookie dough is extremely difficult to manipulate.
Pro Tip: Put a name and date on your cookie dough container! That’ll make sure it gets eaten up before any expirations!
How Long Does Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Last?
Chocolate chip cookie dough should always be stored in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer.
If left on the counter, bacteria can develop quickly which would make it dangerous to consume.
In the fridge cookie dough will stay good for up to one week. In the freezer cookie dough will last for up to 2 months.
What To Do With Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
- Eat it! No need to bake it, freeze it, or anything else. Just eat it. This is my preferred method!
- Ice Cream. Roll it into small balls and freeze on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes before adding to ice cream of choice.
- Pie Crust: I prefer to use it with a pie that doesn’t need to be cooked such as with no-bake pies or ice cream.
- Cookie Dough Sandwich. Place a small bit in between some vanilla wafers or graham crackers and enjoy!
- Bars: Find yourself craving it warm! Don’t add eggs. Make it into Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars instead!
More Semi Sweet Chocolate Recipes You’ll Love…
- No Bake Monster Cookies
- Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Shortbread Bars
- Cheesecake Dip
- Black Forest Cheesecake
- Dessert Wontons
- Doubletree Cookies
- Raspberry Muffins
- Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- Chocolate Pie
- Best Fudgy Brownie Recipe
- Coconut Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Turtle Cheesecake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is perfect for a quick dessert that is so yummy and easy. No baking makes it perfect for making all year round!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
- Using a hand mixer, in a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and salt for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix again. Mixture should look somewhere between crumbly and solid.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips and mix again.
- Eat immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1015Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 912mgCarbohydrates: 120gFiber: 4gSugar: 68gProtein: 9g