This Crock Pot Sausage Dip is the ultimate crowd-pleaser! It’s creamy, cheesy, and loaded with savory sausage and ground beef. Perfect for parties or game nights, this dip is sure to be a hit!
This Crockpot Sausage Dip is the perfect combination of savory flavors and gooey textures.
It’s loaded with creamy Velveeta cheese, ground beef, and pork sausage, and spiced up with garlic salt and Rotel tomatoes with green chilies.
I love that this dip is so easy to make and perfect for entertaining.
It’s also loaded with protein and flavor but made with easy ingredients!
Plus this sausage dip crock pot is perfect for dipping chips, crackers, or veggies!
I love that it’s made in a slow cooker too, so it’s hands-off and great for parties.
And this crock pot Velveeta sausage dip is easily customizable – add more or less spice to suit your personal preferences.
What Ingredients are in Crock Pot Sausage Dip?
Game day just got better! This easy party dip is a crowd favorite on Super Bowl Sunday!
Grab a few cans of Rotel, brown sausage, and some creamy cheese for the ultimate party food!
- Pork sausage: adds savory flavor and protein. I prefer the Jimmy Dean flavor.
- Ground beef: adds protein and depth of flavor.
- Velveeta cheese: adds creaminess and cheesy goodness.
- Cream of mushroom soup: adds richness and creaminess.
- Garlic salt: adds savory flavor and depth.
- Minced onion: adds subtle onion flavor.
- Rotel with green chiles: adds spice and tanginess.
- Use a low-fat ground beef for less excess grease.
- Don’t have these ingredients? Check out this Sausage Dip for another variation!
- Ground turkey can be used in place of the ground beef if desired.
- Try regular sausage, mild sausage, or spicy breakfast sausage. Go with your own preferences!
How to Make Crock Pot Sausage Dip
This easy rotel sausage dip is perfect for the big game! Made with simple ingredients and the perfect amount of heat!
Here’s how to get this great flavor that even picky eaters will love:
- Brown the meat in a skillet and transfer it to a crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook on low heat for 1-2 hours until the cheese is melted and the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Stir the dip occasionally to prevent it from burning or sticking to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Easily make this a spicy dip or more cheesy dip by changing out the flavors of sausage.
- You can keep this hot in the crock pot until you’re ready to serve it, so go ahead and make it early.
What Do You Dip Into Crock Pot Sausage Cheese Dip?
This dip pairs perfectly with lots of different dip-able items (mostly what you would imagine for any dip!)
It’s a great option to serve with any of these items:
- Tortilla chips
- Fritos scoops
- Bell peppers
I know this is a great way to get my kids to eat their veggies! Toss out some dip and boom! Veggies gone!
I don’t recommend serving this with fruit however. As this is a savory dish, it doesn’t pair well with sweet fruits.
How Long Do You Cook Crock Pot Sausage Dip?
Cook the dip on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Then cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour, until all the cheese is melted and the dip is hot and gooey.
This is actually a pretty quick recipe for a slow cooker recipe. Mostly what you’re doing is melting and heating everything.
Can You Burn Sausage Dip in a Crock Pot?
Yes, it’s possible to burn the dip if you don’t stir it occasionally.
Keep an eye on the dip and stir it every 15-20 minutes to prevent burning.
Luckily, it doesn’t cook very long, so you won’t need to be tending it all day.
And trust me! Once you try that first bite, you won’t even think you spent enough time on it for it to taste so good!
Can You Freeze Crock Pot Sausage Dip?
Yes, you can freeze the dip in an freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating.
I find that freezing Velveeta cheese actually works better than freezing other dairy products.
Dairy often separates in the freezer, but this easy sausage dip holds up well.
How Long Does Crock Pot Sausage Dip Last in the Fridge?
The dip will last for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
First, make sure you let it come to room temperature before transferring.
This keeps the sausage dip from sweating in the plastic! Which can be really bad for it and your health too!
But don’t store it at room temperature whatever you do. All that meat and cheese will go bad quickly on the counter.
How to Reheat Crock Pot Sausage Dip
Reheat the dip in the microwave or on the stovetop over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
If you’re using the microwave, be sure to reheat in short bursts of 20-30 second intervals.
Stir in between each interval and stop once warmed through.
More Crock Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
- Slow Cooker Chicken Wraps
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Ranch Chicken Crock Pot
- BBQ Beef Tips in Crock Pot
- Crockpot Apple Cider
- Cranberry Pot Roast
- Crock Pot Coconut Chicken Curry
- Polynesian Beef
- Apple Jelly Meatballs
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef
- Crockpot Applesauce
- Crock Pot Ham
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples
This Crock Pot Sausage Dip is great for a football game or a baby showers too! It’s finger foods at their finest! Enjoy this tasty dip all year long!
- In a skillet brown ground beef and pork sausage. Drain off excess fats.
- Transfer ground beef to a crock pot.
- Add cheese, soup, salt, onion and Rotel. Mix well.
- Cook on low for 1 hour. Stir well.
- Cook 30 minutes to 1 hour longer until all cheese is melted and dipable.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 2471mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 37g