This Instant Pot Beef and Rice recipe delivers a meal that’s not just filling, but also bursting with savory goodness and makes the whole house smell delicious!
Welcome to the world of Instant Pot magic, where the flavors of hearty beef and delicate jasmine rice come together to make a delicious and quick meal.
Instant Pot stew beef and rice is a quick and easy meal, thanks to the magic of the Instant Pot.
The blend of stew meat and jasmine rice makes for a hearty, satisfying meal.
The mix of spices adds a flavorful kick that’ll please any palate.
This beef and rice recipe is a one-pot meal, which means minimal cleanup and is the perfect choice for weeknights.
The recipe is versatile, allowing for ingredient substitutions based on what you have on hand.
What Ingredients Are in Instant Pot Beef and Rice
Here’s the full list of ingredients you’ll need to grab from the grocery store to get a delicious instant pot beef recipe the whole family will love:
- Olive oil: To sear the meat and sauté the veggies.
- Beef stew meat: The protein-rich star of the dish.
- Yellow onion, red bell pepper, and garlic: For a flavorful veggie base.
- Carrots: Add a sweet note and some crunch.
- Tomato sauce and beef broth: Provide a rich and savory liquid for cooking.
- Spices (black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, bay leaf, and salt): To season the dish perfectly.
- Jasmine rice: A fragrant and fluffy grain that pairs well with the hearty beef.
How to Make Stew Beef and Rice
Making this Instant Pot Beef and Rice is as simple as sautéing, pressure cooking, and stirring.
The full printable recipe card is below. But here’s how to get this delicious recipe:
- Sauté the meat and veggies in the olive oil on saute setting.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let the Instant Pot work its magic.
- Finally, you’ll stir in the rice and let everything meld together into one delicious dish.
- Make sure the venting position is in the sealing position to get the high pressure.
- Do a quick release at the end of the cooking time to release the remaining pressure before adding the rice.
- After the rice is cooked, do a natural pressure release. This lets the rice cook completely.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to prevent scratching the bottom of the pressure cooker.
Can You Cook Beef and Rice Together in the Instant Pot
Yes, you can!
In this recipe, we cook the beef and veggies first, then add the rice and cook it all together.
The pressure cooking process infuses the rice with all the savory flavors of the beef and spices, making each bite a flavor bomb.
Can You Use Frozen Beef for Instant Pot Beef and Rice
Yes, you can use frozen beef in this recipe.
The Instant Pot is designed to handle frozen ingredients.
However, bear in mind that it may take longer for the pot to come to pressure.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Beef and Rice in an Instant Pot
From start to finish, this recipe takes less than an hour.
This includes the time to sauté the beef and veggies, pressure cook the ingredients, and let the pot naturally release pressure.
How Do You Prevent Rice from Sticking to the Bottom of the Instant Pot
One key tip to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom of the Instant Pot is to add it after the pressure cooking stage.
This helps to prevent the “burn” notice and keeps the rice from sticking and burning.
I also recommend not stirring the rice into the beef mixture. This way the rice doesn’t actually touch the bottom.
Can You Use Brown Rice Instead of White Rice in Instant Pot Beef and Rice
Yes, you can substitute brown rice for white rice in this recipe.
The type of rice is really up to you. It’s a great recipe to customize.
However, keep in mind that brown rice requires a longer cooking time than white rice.
So you may need to increase the cook time, and then let it have a natural release.
How Do You Store Leftover Instant Pot Beef and Rice
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
It’s a great meal prep option, as the flavors continue to meld and develop in the fridge.
Be sure to let the beef and rice come to room temperature before you transfer to the fridge.
How Do You Reheat Instant Pot Beef and Rice
You can reheat this dish in the microwave or on the stove.
If using the microwave, be sure to stir the dish halfway through reheating to ensure even warming.
What Are Some Side Dishes to Serve with Instant Pot Beef and Rice
This hearty meal pairs well with a simple side salad, roasted vegetables, or steamed green beans.
For a touch of zest, consider serving it with a side of pickled vegetables or a light cucumber salad.
Here are a few of my favorite recipes you could try:
- Butter Swim Biscuits
- Easy Greek Salad
- Frog Eye Salad
- Candied Carrots
- Apple Salad with Snickers
- Broccoli Cashew Salad
- Old Fashioned Corn Fritters
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Is Instant Pot Beef and Rice a Good Meal Prep Option
Absolutely! This dish is not only easy to make, but it also stores well.
You can make a large batch and enjoy it throughout the week, saving you time on busy weeknights.
Plus, the flavors deepen over time, making it even tastier the next day.
And there you have it, folks! Comfort food at it’s best!
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Roast Chicken
A scrumptious, hearty, and easy Instant Pot Beef and Rice dish that’s perfect for any day of the week.
Give it a try, and let the magic of pressure cooking win over your taste buds!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch - 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced (2-3 cloves)
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups Jasmine rice
- Turn sauté function on instant pot.
- When the instant pot says hot, add olive oil and then stew meat.
- Cook for 3 minutes giving a quick sear to all sides of the beef.
- Remove beef and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add beef back into the onion mixture.
- Add carrots, tomato sauce, and beef broth. Mix well.
- Add black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, bay leaf and salt. Mix well.
- Hit cancel to turn off sauté function.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, and flip the steam valve to close.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Instant pot will take 7-8 minutes to come to pressure, then start the 10 minute timer.
- Once the timer goes off, flip the switch and allow steam to escape from the instant pot.
- Once the pressure valve drops, open the instant pot and add rice. Do not mix.
- Place the lid back onto the instant pot and cook for 15 minutes. Instant pot will take 7-8 minutes to come to pressure, then start the 15 minute timer.
- Once timer goes off, let instant pot naturally release for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, flip the steam valve to open and let the pressure valve drop.
- Open the lid and stir. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 1138mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 52g