Are you a biscuit fan? My husband and I absolutely love biscuits. We’ve been known to go to KFC just for a bag full of biscuits to go home and eat them for dinner.
Not WITH dinner, but FOR dinner.
Over the years I’ve tried my hand at a few biscuit recipes and have always been disappointed with dry crumbly biscuits. But no more!
This old fashioned biscuit recipe is absolutely delicious and oh so easy. These are some times referred to as baking powder biscuits, but no matter what you call them, I call them delicious!
I love this recipe because you can substitute the milk for buttermilk and make yourself some tasty buttermilk biscuits!
In our house we love to eat these biscuits right out of the oven as well as make breakfast sandwiches out of them. Egg, Bacon, Cheese and a little mayo on these biscuits creates a tasty and mobile breakfast that will satisfy any morning hunger!
If you love biscuits with your dinner, for dinner or even for breakfast, then I highly recommend trying our favorite biscuits!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425*F
- Prepare baking sheet with liner or non-stick foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder & cream of tartar. Mix well.
- Toss in cubed butter. I like to take my stick of butter (3/4 cup) and cut it length wise, then turn it on it's side and cut it lengthwise again. You'll have 4 long pieces now. Then slice it and crumble butter into flour mixture.
- Using a pasty blender or forks, mix butter into flour. Don't over due it. You want to still see chunks of butter so don't mix it so well that you don't see them.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and egg - mix well.
- Add milk mixture into butter mixture and mix well.
- Spread additional flour onto a counter. Put biscuit mixture onto flour surface. Sprinkle biscuit dough with flour and roll out until 3/4 - 1 inch thick. You should see chunks of butter still in dough. Using the rim of a glass, cut out biscuits and transfer to a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden color.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Items Recommended For This Recipe…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…