This easy Jalapeno Popper Dip makes the perfect appetizer for bridal showers, baby showers, football games, tailgating, and game nights. Hot – but not too spicy – it’s a great party dip that anyone can make!
Whenever someone asks me to bring a savory appetizer to a party or get-together, I always bring this creamy jalapeno dip. This jalapeno popper dip recipe is made with fresh jalapenos, gooey cheesy goodness, and bacon. *Queue drooling*
Whatever the occasion, I’m certain this jalapeno popper dip with bacon will be a hit! In fact, I have yet to meet someone who didn’t like my jalapeno popper dip recipe. Hundreds of people I know have tasted it. Every single review I’ve gotten from them was positive. Not to mention all you readers, who leave your lovely comments on how much you enjoyed it!
How do you make jalapeno popper dip?
This easy jalapeno popper dip is a cinch to make! Let’s go over what you’ll need to get started:
- Cream cheese – this is the foundation for your jalapeno popper dip.
- Bacon – cook until crispy and then crumble, or you can use real bacon bits.
- Mayonnaise (or sour cream or Greek yogurt) – the other half of the creamy foundation, this will give you a bit of tangy goodness to complement your bacon and jalapeno flavors.
- Jalapenos – There is ZERO kick to this jalapeno popper dip – as long as you remove the seeds. I make sure to remove all the seeds from each jalapeno by hand, so it packs all the flavor, but none of the spice. However if you like spice, keep a few or all of the seeds!
- Cheddar cheese – so much cheesy, creamy goodness!
- Mozzarella cheese – you know something’s going to be tasty when you have 3 different types of cheeses involved.
- Green onion – adds some extra lovely green color and yummy flavor!
- Ritz crackers – crushed, buttered and tossed with cheese, crackers will add a crispy top to your jalapeno popper dip.
- Parmesan cheese – make that 4 cheeses! Can you see why this recipe is always a big hit?!
- Butter – this will help crisp up our crunchy topping.
Once you’ve got all your ingredients, the rest is simple! Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and spraying an 8×8 casserole dish with nonstick spray.
In a large mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese until it’s nice and smooth, then combine the crumbled bacon, diced jalapenos, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and diced green onion and mix well. Now spread this mixture evenly in your prepared casserole dish.
You’re literally almost done! Yes, this delicious, crowd-pleasing jalapeno popper recipe is that simple.
In a smaller bowl, combine your crushed Ritz crackers, parmesan cheese and butter, sprinkle it evenly across the top of the creamy mixture, and bake for 20-30 minutes. You’re done!
Can you make jalapeno popper dip ahead of time?
Of course! Part of what makes this jalapeno cream cheese dip so easy to make is that you can prepare it ahead of time and bake it whenever you need it.
All you need to do is follow my recipe until you reach the baking stage. Instead of baking the dip, you simply need to cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it. Keep in mind that when you are ready to bake it, you need to add 10 more minutes of baking time.
This dip is best served hot or warm right out of the oven, though a cold jalapeno popper dip is just as good too.
What to serve with jalapeno popper dip
This jalapeno popper dip can be served with or spread on just about anything! Some of our favorites are:
- Ritz crackers
- Wheat Thins
- Toasted French bread
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Bagel chips
- Any veggies you like to dip!
If you’re looking for more crowd dips, try one of these:
- Apple Pie Dip
- Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- Cherry Dip
- Artichoke Dip with Green Chilies
- Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Spinach Dip with Bacon
- Crock Pot Chili Cheese Dip
- Sausage Cheese Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Can you freeze jalapeno popper dip
Yes, you can freeze this jalapeno popper dip recipe! But you’ll want to do so before you bake it. I’d also recommend waiting to prepare the crunchy topping until baking time as well.
If you decide you’d like to freeze your jalapeno popper dip and save it for baking later, be sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and foil WITHOUT the crunchy topping.
Once you’re ready to bake it, prepare the crunchy topping and spread it across the top. You may want to go ahead and put the dish in the oven while it’s preheating, and keep in mind you’ll likely have to add an extra 10-15 minutes of baking time.
You can also make this jalapeno popper dip recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. Again, if you choose to do this, I would recommend waiting to prepare the crunchy topping until you’re ready to bake!
Can you reheat jalapeno popper dip?
If you find that you have any leftover dip from your party, then you can easily toss it back into your oven to reheat it. You can even portion out as much as you want into a bowl for yourself, then microwave it if you don’t want to eat an entire crock pot’s worth of dip. It’s just as delicious the next day as it is the first day you make it!
Can you use different types of cheese for this jalapeno popper dip?
If you prefer cheeses other than cheddar, mozzarella, or Parmesan, then feel free to change this recipe up a little! For instance, substituting mozzarella for pepper jack cheese will give your bacon jalapeno dip a tasty kick!
However, I still recommend that you make this jalapeno popper dip with cream cheese, as that is the one ingredient that makes this dip so delicious and creamy!
More appetizers you’ll love:
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Bagel Chips
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffing
- No Bake Veggie Pizza
- Chipotle Peanuts
If you’re looking for the perfect crowd pleasing appetizer, look no further. Try this delicious, easy jalapeno popper dip recipe and WOW your friends with gooey, cheesy, bacon-y, jalapeno flavor. Can I use any more mouthwatering words? I guarantee you and your loved ones will LOVE this dip!
- 2 (8 ounce packages) of cream cheese, softened
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked till crispy and crumbled (you can use the precooked bacon too)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- 4-6 Jalapeno's, chopped & seeds removed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cut mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Spray 8x8 casserole dish and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add to cream cheese mixture: bacon, mayo (or substitute), jalapeños, cheddar cheese, Mozzarella cheese & diced onion. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to casserole dish. Spread evenly in dish.
- In a small bowl combine Ritz crackers, Parmesan cheese & butter.
- Sprinkle all over the top of the dip.
- Bake the dip for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Serve with Ritz Crackers or Wheat thins as a dip or spoon some on to each cracker and serve.
If making this ahead of time, assemble dish and refrigerate. Cook 30 minutes prior to event and serve hot.
Nutritional information is estimated, not exact.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 14.4gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 4.9gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 2.3gProtein: 9g
Photos & Text Updated: September 18, 2019