*VIDEO* Jalapeno Popper Dip – This hot, but not spicy, dip make a great party dip. Perfect appetizer for bridal showers, baby showers, football games, tailgating and game night. An easy appetizer anyone can make!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage on your purchase, which helps keep this website running! Thank you!
I never considered myself a dip girl, until I met someone who said that dips, were their favorite foods.
They couldn’t resist a good dip.
It was at that point, I started trying different dips, thinking maybe I was somehow missing out on a delicious world I never really bothered with before.
And it’s while I’ve been on this journey, I have been converted to the world of appetizer dips.
I love them. I can literally sit at a counter, or table and snack away my appetite.
Dips are perfect for game night, baby or bridal shower, the big game or even tailgating, there is always an excuse to make a special dip.
When most people hear Jalapeno Popper Dip, they instantly think spicy. And they would all be wrong.
This dip is sooo creamy and the flavors all blend so perfectly together that it really has become one of our family favorites.
It also happens to be the dip I like to take to parties with me.
Jalapeno Popper Dip is easy to make ahead and tastes great served both hot or warm and the recipe is ALWAYS requested.
Yes this recipe does have Jalapenos. But I take the seeds out of mine so that I get the flavor of the Jalapeno without the heat of the Jalapenos.
I have yet to meet anyone who hasn’t fallen in love with this dip and I suspect you and your family will love it as much as we do!
Below are step by step directions on how to make this Jalapeno Popper Dip. I also included a little bonus for you.
I rarely post photos of my family or my “photo studio”. But I really couldn’t pass up on posting these photos of my husband and son.
It was late in the day and I was losing my daylight.
The place I normally take photos had already lost all of its light and on a whim, I grabbed my husband and supplies and headed outside to capture the last bit of natural light for the photos.
Looking at them you’d never know we were in my front yard on my walkway taking food photos.
And really, had my neighbors been outside they would have thought I was nuts. But lucky for everyone, I was able to capture the photos without anyone noticing! Enjoy!
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked till crispy and crumbled (you can use the precooked bacon too)
- 2 (8 ounce packages) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- 4-6 Jalapeno's, chopped & seeds removed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cut mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine bacon, cream cheese, mayo (or substitute), jalapenos, cheddar and mozzarella cheese & diced onion into a bowl. Stir well.
- Transfer mixture to deep dish pie dish or 8x8 casserole dish. Spread even in dish.
- In a small bowl combine Ritz crackers, Parmesan cheese & butter.
- Sprinkle all over the top of the dip.
- Bake the dip for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Serve with Ritz Crackers or Wheat thins as a dip or spoon some on to each cracker and serve.
If making this ahead of time, assemble dish and refrigerate. Cook 30 minutes prior to event and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Simply Gourmet
Other Dips You’ll Love…