Imperial chicken is a simple dinner recipe that anyone can make. It’s perfect for a family meal or looks fancy enough to pass as gourmet. Plus it’s kid approved!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage on your purchase, which helps keep this website running! Thank you!
This Imperial Chicken is one of those easy, yet tasty dishes I keep coming back to.
Not just because it’s easy, but also because it’s delicious AND looks pretty snazzy for when company is over for dinner.
Well, it does to me. Granted my standards might be a bit low. This is about as gourmet as we go.
I tend to refer to myself as a pretty casual person.
However we like to think of our home as one with an open door policy. Anyone is welcome any time, as long as you don’t judge me for a mess and for my always exploding pantry.
And if you come to dinner expect nothing fancy and a few new recipes I’m experimenting with.
So as you can see, a dish like this, over a bed of seasoned rice, is about as fancy as we go.
And before you go on thinking, as many do, that we eat fancy and gourmet every night, I dare say I should squash that theory right now.
The secret is that we eat out a lot.
I go in BIG baking and cooking spurts and then lulls.
There gets to be a point in time when I do not want to do another load of dishes or my kitchen is finally clean and I’d really like it to remain that way for at least an hour before it gets messy again.
And then there is the ever present, blank mind. I have no idea what to make. None. And then we order pizza.
Now that you know a few of my quirks, and hopefully see me as more of an average person who you have probably sat next to at a casual restaurant, rather than an educated chef, I dare say you should try this Imperial Chicken.
It’s simple, yet gourmet. It’s perfect for a beginner chef or someone who is comfortable in the kitchen.
If you are looking for something new tonight, give this Imperial Chicken a try. It’s become a family favorite for us and I suspect it will for you too!
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 8 - 10 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- In a medium bowl combine, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper & parsley. Mix well.
- In a second bowl, melt butter.
- Rinse and dry chicken (to get the slime off)
- Dip chicken in butter then in bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in an 8x13 casserole dish.
- Once all chicken is coated and in pan, sprinkle remaining bread crumb mixture on top of chicken.
- Pour remaining butter in between chicken breasts into pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165*F
- Serve over rice or noodles
Other Chicken Recipes You’ll Love…