This Cauliflower Cheese Soup is a delicious year round soup. This soup tastes just like Potato Corn Soup that you may not even know there is cauliflower hiding inside! 35 minutes, one pot and it’s ready to enjoy or a future freezer meal!
Are you looking for a hearty soup filled with vegetables and cheese? This Cauliflower Cheese soup is going to fulfill all your soupey dreams. You will be a fan of this delightfully creamy soup that is filled with potatoes, cauliflower, and other veggies.
Everything mixes together so well, even my kids don’t know how many veggies they are getting in each bite! This Cauliflower Potato Soup is also filling, I’m usually satisfied and smiling after just one bowl!
This Cauliflower Soup has become one of our favorites, because it is easy to refrigerate and freeze. I love any meal that makes quality leftovers. This recipe is the perfect combo of hearty and healthy.
What you need for Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
- Veggies: Carrots, Onion, Corn, and of course, cauliflower! I love that this soup is loaded with vegetables. My kids don’t always like veggies, but they always love this Cauliflower Cheese Soup, so it makes me happy that I’m sneaking in some veggies for them!
- For the Broth: Milk, Cream of Potato Soup, Water, and Cheese. All of these combine to create a decadent creamy broth that you’ll be craving all the time.
- The Extras: Pepper and Butter! These ingredients are important for bringing to life all of the other flavors in your Cauliflower Soup.
How to make Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
Making this cauliflower cheese soup is simple! It truly is easy as 1, 2, 3! Follow these In simple steps you’ll be ready to enjoy a creamy soup that all your friends are going to want the recipe for.
- Cook the Veggies: There is nothing worse than a crunchy vegetable in a soup! So we need to cook them until they are nice and tender.
- Make it Soupy: Add your liquids and simmer – allowing all the flavors to meld!
- Time for cheese: Add in the cheese and pepper. Mix well until the cheese is melted
Serve immediately topped with a little extra cheese! You could also sprinkle bacon bits, a dollop of sour cream, and some chopped green onions if you want your Cauliflower Potato Soup to have a little extra pizazz!
Why you’ll love this Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
- Fast: This soup can be ready to serve and enjoy in just 35 minutes!
- One Pot: This Cauliflower Soup only requires one pot to make it! Anything that is easy to make and easy to clean up deserves an award in my book!
- Creamy: The cheese and the potato soup combine to make the most luscious creamy broth. A full bowl of this and you will feel warm on the inside and out because it is just that amazing!
How long does Cauliflower Cheese Soup last in the fridge?
This soup will last in your refrigerator for up to 6 days and tastes great as leftovers!
How to make Cauliflower Cheese Soup in a Crock Pot:
If you want to make this soup in a crock pot, I would recommend still sauteing the veggies until the onions are clear as recommended. After that, put all of the ingredients in the crock pot just as you would have in your pot. Mix it together well and let it come together for 4-6 hours on Low.
What to serve with Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
Since this is a filling soup, I recommend serving it with a salad like, this Spinach Strawberry Pecan Salad for the summer months, or Winter Fruit Salad Recipe if you’re enjoying your cauliflower soup in the colder months!
Is Cauliflower Cheese Soup healthy?
This Cauliflower Potato Soup is loaded with veggies, but it also has some butter, cheese and cream mixed in there. This isn’t an unhealthy option, but if you’re looking for something on the lower side of the calorie count, you might want to try something more like my Ham and Vegetable Soup.
Can Cauliflower Soup be frozen?
Yes! This soup will freeze well in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw the soup fully before reheating it.
On a soup kick? Try these other amazing soup recipes:
- Hamburger Potato Soup
- Chicken Potato Soup
- One Pot Chicken Chili
- Caramelized Onion Roasted Garlic Bisque
Side Dishes that will go great with this Soup:
- Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
- Ham Biscuits
- Recipe for Broccoli Salad
- Banana Bread with Yeast
- Potato Rolls
I love this Cauliflower Cheese Soup because it is loaded with veggies and cheese! This recipe also gets rave reviews even from my little picky eaters that aren’t huge fans of vegetables, but I get to hide them in this delicious Cauliflower Potato Soup. All of the ingredients come together to make an unforgettable creamy bowl of goodness. Dish up!
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 - 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces - discard core.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a heavy bottom soup pot, add butter, carrots, cauliflower & onions. Sautee until onions are clear and translucent and cauliflower is tender.
- Add potato soup, milk, corn & water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add Cheese & pepper. Mix well until cheese is melted.
- Serve Immediately topped with cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 523mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 17g
Photos & Text Updated: March 30, 2020