I decided to make this punch on a whim. It sounded tasty and I had most of the ingredients already, so I said why not.
I whipped it all up, tossed it in a few Tupperware containers and put it in the freezer.
What I expected and what I ultimately tasted, were not the same. What I ultimately tasted was WAAAY better than what I expected. A fruity, tasty and very refreshing drink.
I LOVE drinks that are icy and slushy and summery – especially on non-summery days. This was perfect and something that I am pretty convinced that I need to have in my freezer at all times.
I found it tasty to consume so many different ways. I ate it with a spoon just as itself. I added ginger ale & sprite to it creating a slushy drink and even found myself adding it to my smoothies.
It was amazing in all these forms and something you should really try because I am certainly making this again!
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry jello
- 1/2 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 bottle lemon lime soda or ginger ale
- Bring the sugar, water and jello to a boil in a large sauce pan. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice & orange juice.
- Divide mixture into separate containers and freeze.
- - NOTE: I recommend freezing in ice cube trays or small Tupperware tubs and not LARGE ones so you can use them in small portions.
- Once frozen, combine contents with a bottle of lemon lime soda and ginger ale.
- Stir until slushy and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes