Mambo Chicken is a tasty meal any time of the year! A tasty marinated chicken breast topped with a delicious Mango Salsa!
If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been on a huge Mango Salsa kick lately.
I’ve been keeping a constant supply in my fridge of it, and am always looking for new ways to use it.
And now I can add Mambo Salsa to the list.
The chicken is a simple marinade that adds a subtle flavor to the chicken without overpowering it.
Combine that with the show stopper Mango Salsa, and you’ve got yourself one tasty dish.
What I especially love about this recipe is that you can grill it in the summer, broil it if you are in a hurry or bake it!
I’d even go so far as to tell you that if you aren’t a fan of a large hunk of chicken for dinner, to shred it after you cook it, and add it to a tortilla with the salsa for a tasty Mambo Chicken Taco!
Really, no matter how you serve it, it’s always a hit.
I also love that you can do everything in advance.
You can marinate the chicken over night and make the salsa up to two days before.
So when you are ready to cook, just pull it out and go!
Now as easy as that sounds, I will say that my kids were not willing to try this dish as it is shown.
In fact they haven’t been willing to try any of my Mango Salsa dishes.
Not even bribing them to try a bite of my Mango Salsa has worked.
To them it’s “weird.”
I did however get them to eat just the chicken in bites with a side of dipping honey. And that, they approved of.
So if you have picky eaters at home, just know that they may not go for the Mango Salsa, but that shouldn’t stop you from making it!
One day the “picky eaters food battle” will be won, and hopefully by me!
Other Chicken Dishes You’ll Love…
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (2 - 3 limes)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 recipe for Mango Salsa
- In a gallon size freezer type bag, combine chicken, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, lime juice & sesame oil.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight.
- While chicken is marinating, create Mango Salsa and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill or broil for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. If baking, bake at 350*F for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until done.
- When finished cooking, plate and top with a generous amount of Mango Salsa.
Recipe by: Heidi Mee