*VIDEO* Cheesy Broccoli Casserole is the perfect side dish to any meal. Easy to prepare, tastes delicious and is a crowd pleaser! A family favorite recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage on your purchase, which helps keep this website running! Thank you!
If you love broccoli and cheese, you will LOVE this Cheesy Broccoli Casserole.
I’ve come to discover, that thus far, every woman I’ve put this casserole in front of, has loved it.
Every man I’ve put this casserole in front of, has cringed because it has the word “broccoli” in it.
HOWEVER, most men do eat it out of politeness and then tell me it wasn’t half bad.
Having said that, my husband and Father-in-Law have both been forced to eat this quite a bit in the last few months.
This is because I’ve found it to be such an easy side dish.
Despite this, neither of them would say it’s their favorite, they still eat it.
My Mother-in-Law and I both agree that this is the best Cheesy Broccoli Casserole we’ve ever eaten.
Seriously, it’s incredible! We LOVE it.
Now despite the name, let’s be clear – this casserole is NOT healthy.
It may have broccoli in it but that and the onions are the only slightly healthy items in this dish.
I mean, it’s smothered in a cheesy sauce, topped with more cheese and then buttery crackers.
It’s delicious because it’s not healthy.
And it’s not healthy because it’s delicious.
This Cheesy Broccoli Casserole is one of the best side dishes I’ve eaten in the last few months and I cannot recommend high enough for you to try it!
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 ounce) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip (we prefer mayo)
- 1/4 cup of butter melted (1/2 stick)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Place broccoli in a steaming basket on stove and steam for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender to a fork.
- Remove broccoli from stove and chop into bite sized pieces. Place into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add to broccoli, soup, mayonnaise, butter, eggs, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup of cheese to broccoli mixture and mix well.
- Pour entire contents into an 8x8" square baking dish.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup of cheese and Ritz crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden.