Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup make tender and juicy pork chops with a golden, crispy crust. They are sure to impress your family and friends!
If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful way to cook pork chops, try making them with cream of mushroom soup! You won’t be disappointed!
This baked pork chop recipe is relatively easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients.
With just a little bit of preparation, you can have a delicious and satisfying dinner on the table in no time.
Oven baked pork chops with cream of mushroom soup is the ultimate comfort food.
It is a warm and hearty meal that is perfect for a cozy night in or a family gathering.
This recipe is versatile and can be served with a variety of sides such as rice, mashed potatoes, or roasted vegetables.
What are Pork Chops?
Pork chops are a cut of meat taken from the loin or rib section of a pig.
They can be thick chops or thin, but for this recipe, we recommend using thin pork chops, as they cook faster and more evenly.
You can also have bone-in pork chops or boneless chops. I recommend boneless though you can use either for this delicious dinner.
If you’re new to pork chops, don’t worry! They’re actually easy to cook!
And that creamy sauce keeps them extra moist so you don’t need to worry about them drying out either!
What Ingredients are in Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup?
Cream of mushroom pork chops are an easy dinner recipe that uses basic ingredients the whole family can love! Here’s what you need:
- Pork chops (thinly sliced): Pork chops are a cut of meat from the loin of a pig.
- Garlic powder: A seasoning made from dried garlic that adds flavor to the pork chops.
- Seasoned salt: A seasoning blend made from salt and a variety of herbs and spices that adds flavor to the pork chops.
- Eggs: Beaten eggs are used to coat the pork chops before dredging them in flour and bread crumbs.
- All-purpose flour: Used to coat the pork chops before dipping them in the egg mixture.
- Bread crumbs: Used to coat the pork chops after they are dipped in the egg mixture.
- Olive oil: Used to fry the pork chops and add flavor.
- Can of cream of mushroom soup: A canned soup made from mushrooms and cream that is used to make the sauce for the pork chops.
- Milk: Used in combination with the cream of mushroom soup to make the sauce.
- Apple juice: Used in combination with the cream of mushroom soup and milk to make the sauce.
- Thin-cut pork chops will cook more quickly and evenly than thick-cut chops, which can be tough and dry.
- Use Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs which add an extra layer of flavor to the pork chops.
- Serve with a side of instant pot mashed potatoes, egg noodles, green beans, or white rice!
- Can substitute garlic powder with minced garlic cloves if desired.
How to Make Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup
Busy weeknights can be improved by using your favorite recipes! Try this classic combination of pork chops and creamy mushroom sauce!
It’s a flavorful meal that has become a family favorite!
- Season: Season the pork chops and coat them with flour, beaten egg, and bread crumbs.
- Cook: Fry the pork chops in oil and transfer them to a baking dish. Bake.
- Mix: Combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, and apple juice in a bowl. Pour mixture over pork chops and bake again.
- Eat up!: Serve hot and enjoy!
- Pat pork chops to dry before seasoning so the seasoning will adhere better.
- Be sure to season both sides of the chops before dredging them in flour and bread crumbs.
- Frying the pork chops a few minutes on each side will help to brown the bread crumbs and seal in the juices. This is important for achieving moist and tender pork chops.
- After baking, let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will give you more flavorful and tender pork chops.
How Long Do You Bake Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup?
To get a yummy crispy outside and tender, juicy inside, pork chops need to bake for a while!
Luckily, the prep work is pretty easy, then all you need to do is wait for the oven to do the work!
Bake the pork chops for 1 hour covered with aluminum foil, then for another 30 minutes after you’ve added the soup mixture.
How to Store Baked Pork Chops
Store any leftover baked pork chops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Be sure to let them come to room temperature before transferring.
Cooking them in advance is actually a great way to get an easy meal prep for a complete meal whenever you need one!
Can You Freeze Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup?
Yes, you can freeze tender juicy pork chops with cream of mushroom soup gravy.
Simply let them cool completely, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag.
They will last for up to 2-3 months in the freezer.
To reheat, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat them in the preheated oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
What Internal Temperature Should Cooked Pork Chops Be At?
The USDA recommends cooking pork chops to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) to ensure they are safe to eat.
The best way to check pork chops is with a meat thermometer that you can pick up from almost any grocery store.
Try an instant-read meat thermometer! You’ll love how quick they are.
Can you Bake Frozen Pork Chops?
Yes, you can bake frozen pork chops, but they will take longer to cook.
I recommend thawing them in the refrigerator overnight before baking them.
You can prep the pork chops in the casserole dish and then cover tightly with a double layer of foil.
Then once thawed, bake according to directions and enjoy one of your new favorite dinners!
Are Baked Pork Chops Healthy?
Creamy mushroom pork chops are a great source of protein and essential nutrients such as vitamins B6 and B12, thiamin, and zinc.
By baking them instead of frying, you can reduce the amount of added fat and calories while still enjoying a delicious meal.
More Delicious Pork Recipes You’ll Love…
- Chicken Pineapple Bacon Kabobs
- Cranberry Glazed Ham
- Crock Pot Ham
- Salami Sandwich
- Tortellini Soup Instant Pot
- Old Fashioned Potato Soup
- Green Bean Casserole with Bacon
- Hot Dogs in the Air Fryer
- Pulled Pork Pizza
- Easy Twice Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Ham Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Honey Baked Ham
- Air Fryer Brats
Baked pork chops with cream of mushroom soup is a classic recipe that delivers a savory and creamy flavor that is hard to resist.
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt.
- Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl.
- Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the pork chops 5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned.
- Transfer the chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and apple juice in a medium bowl.
- After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture.
- Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.
- When baked and ready to serve, baste pork chops again with sauce and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 700Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 1422mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 52g
Photos & Text Updated: March 7, 2023