Halfway Homemade Spaghetti Sauce starts with a jar of spaghetti sauce, has some awesome stuff added to it and becomes the best tasting “homemade” spaghetti sauce ever!
I am all about from scratch homemade recipes.
However, there are days when I just do not have time for “homemade.”
And that’s OK. Seriously.
In fact, this Halfway Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is just for those days that you don’t have time to make dinner from scratch.
Sometimes, all that matters is getting a good tasting meal that your kids will eat and that doesn’t take more than 30 minutes from start to finish.
My kids LOVE this sauce.
In fact, my 3 year old prefers just a bowl of it.
Forget the noodles, just slide her over a bowl of spaghetti sauce.
Now because of this, I like to leave mine a bit meatier than more. However, if you like yours a bit more suacy, just don’t add as much meat.
I also love this Halfway Homemade Spaghetti Sauce because it freezes really well.
I tend to buy large quantities of meat at a big box store, then whip up a massive batch of this sauce and freeze it in small portions.
When we are in a pinch for time, this can be heated up in a cinch and consumed quickly before we have to run out the door again.
It’s great for leftovers or fresh. There really is no wrong way to enjoy this halfway homemade spaghetti sauce!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste or 2 garlic cloves minced.
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) jar of your favorite pasta sauce. Ours is Prego Meat Sauce.
- Cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until ground beef is cooked through and onion is clear and translucent.
- Add garlic, brown sugar and pasta sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes, letting flavors meld and sugar to dissolve.
- Serve over your favorite noodles.
Other Ground Beef Recipes You’ll Love…