If you’re looking for the perfect dessert, look no further! This delicious and easy No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake is simple to make and full of flavor. It’s creamy and rich and has the perfect blend of banana, vanilla, and cheesecake flavor without being overpowering.
I’m a bit of a banana fan, in case you haven’t noticed. I love banana cream pie, homemade banana pudding, banana cake, cookies, bread, bars … I could go on. But few things can top this easy banana pudding cheesecake recipe!
Whether you’re looking for a dessert for your next party or gathering, have a hankering for something creamy, banana, and delicious, or want to try a new cheesecake recipe, this is the place for you!
Whip up this tasty treat in a pie pan, springform pan, or individual style in muffin tins — however you make it, you’re bound to love it!
What Ingredients are in No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake?
- Nilla Wafer Crust – check out our recipe for quick and easy and tasty Nilla Wafer Pie Crust!
- Vanilla instant pudding mix – you don’t want to use the cook and serve variety for this recipe; make sure you get INSTANT.
- Whole milk – whole milk makes the dessert so much more rich and tasty!
- Cream cheese – let it soften to room temperature for easier mixing and preparation.
- White sugar – can’t have cheesecake without a little sugar to mix with the cream cheese.
- Heavy whipping cream – you’ll whip this in with the cream cheese and sugar mixture. Yummy!
- Vanilla extract – vanilla extract adds flavor and also enhances the other flavors of the dish.
- Bananas – it’s not banana pudding (or banana pudding cheesecake) without bananas!
- Cool whip – cool whip is great for topping pies with because it doesn’t lose its shape or get watery.
How to make no bake banana pudding cheesecake?
- Prepare pudding mix.
- Beat cream cheese in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Mix in sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Fold pudding mixture with cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the pudding and cheesecake mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Layer sliced bananas on pudding and cheesecake mixture.
- Spread remaining pudding and cheesecake mixture on top.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Chill. Top with nilla wafers and sliced bananas before serving.
Can I use banana pudding flavored jello in no bake banana pudding cheesecake?
Yes, you can definitely use banana pudding instead of vanilla! Just make sure you use INSTANT instead of cook and serve. Using banana pudding will significantly increase the level of banana flavor in your cheesecake.
How do you keep bananas from turning brown in banana pudding cheesecake?
If you completely cover the bananas in the middle of the cheesecake with the cheesecake and pudding mixture, it will slow the browning reaction.
The bananas start to turn brown when they react with the air, but they’re still safe to eat.
Coating the bananas with the cheesecake pudding mixture will slow down the oxidation process and keep them from turning brown as quickly.
I recommend waiting to top the cheesecake with extra nilla wafers and freshly sliced bananas until you’re ready to serve for exactly this reason — your bananas will not get discolored and your wafers will not get soggy!
Can I make no bake banana pudding cheesecake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this banana pudding cheesecake recipe ahead of time. Once prepared, this recipe will last up to 3 days in the fridge if stored properly. So whipping it up a day ahead of time is definitely an option!
As I previously mentioned, I recommend waiting to add the nilla wafer and sliced banana topping until you’re ready to serve so that the wafers don’t get soggy and the bananas don’t brown.
How long does no bake banana pudding cheesecake last?
This recipe will last up to 3 days if stored properly in the fridge. You’ll want to cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap or a pie lid for best results. I’ve found it usually doesn’t even make it to the fridge because it’s too good for leftovers!
Can you freeze no bake banana pudding cheesecake?
Yes! Pudding and cheesecake both freeze surprisingly well, so this combination dessert is freezer friendly too. The main thing to note when you freeze it is that you have to let it thaw in the fridge on its own — there’s no way to speed the process up without ruining the treat.
To freeze, store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. You can freeze the entire cheesecake/pie or freeze individual slices (I recommend pre-freezing if you go the sliced route).
To pre freeze, place slices on a baking sheet or separate them in the pie tin and freeze until they are just frozen (usually a couple hours). Transfer to an airtight container, bag, or wrap tightly in plastic wrap before storing in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Can I bake no bake banana pudding cheesecake?
I do not recommend baking this banana pudding cheesecake recipe NO BAKE version. I haven’t personally tried it, but I can’t imagine it would work out well.
If you’re looking for a baked recipe, I’d try something different. Part of the beauty of this recipe is the simplicity and ease of preparation because it doesn’t need to be baked!
More Pies You’ll Love This Holiday Season:
- Swedish Apple Pie
- Pear Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Easy Chocolate Pie
- Rainbow Pie
- Apple Crumb Pie
- Easy Blueberry Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Maple Syrup Pie
- Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Raspberry Mousse Pie
I love that this No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake has incredible flavor without being overwhelmingly banana. And when made with my favorite Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust recipe, it’s absolutely DIVINE. Seriously, give this banana Pudding Cheesecake and try and see how amazing it is for yourself!
No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake
If you’re looking for the perfect dessert, look no further! This delicious and easy No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake is simple to make and full of flavor.
- 1 Vanilla Wafer crust, cooled
- 1 (3.4 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix (NOT cook and serve)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas
- 4 ounces cool whip (1/2 container)
- In a bowl beat vanilla instant pudding and whole milk. Once fully mixed and creamy, set aside.
- In a second bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and continue mixing.
- Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla and mix until medium peaks form.
- With a spatula, fold the pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half the banana pudding mixture into the Vanilla wafer crust.
- Top with sliced bananas.
- Pour remaining cheesecake mixture on top of the bananas.
- Top entire pie with with cool whip.
- Cover and chill 4 hours or longer.
- Just before serving, add Nilla wafers and sliced bananas to the top of the cheesecake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
Tuesday 9th of November 2021
Why can’t I get the actual recipe?
Monday 22nd of November 2021
At the top of every recipe is a ‘jump to recipe’ button. If you click that it will go straight to the recipe with all ingredients and measurements.