Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce is TO DIE FOR! Perfect for so many tasty desserts you wont know where to start!
If you have 30 seconds, walk over to your pantry. Do you have white sugar? Yes?! Good.
Now walk over to your fridge. Do you have a stick of butter and some heavy whipping cream? Perfect!
Now you are ready to make 3 ingredient homemade salted caramel sauce.
It is BEYOND easy to make and once you’ve tried fresh, homemade salted caramel sauce, you wont be buying any from the store.
So what can you use Salted Caramel sauce on and why would you bother making it?
How about pouring room temperature or slightly warm sauce all over a bowl of ice cream.
Or perhaps you’re more of a caramel apple pie kind of person and want to drizzle it all over your favorite apple pie, taking it up a notch or two in the awesomeness scale.
Still don’t have you hooked?
How about caramel brownies?
You can do brownies two ways. 1) Pour caramel sauce over the top of brownies and serve. 2) scoop half your brownie mix into a pan then drizzle with caramel and top with remaining brownie mix. Bake as normal.
An ooey gooey treat.
Still don’t have you hooked yet?
One of my favorite ways is to use it as a filling in a cupcake. Hollow out the center and pour some in like in these Rolo Cupcakes!
And lastly, our all time favorite method is to eat it with a spoon right out of the pan/container once it’s cooled.
The salted butter gives a natural salted flavor to the caramel. However you can always add a few grains of sea salt to your spoon and devour.
We are huge fans of this Salted Caramel Sauce. We make it pretty regularly around here (I have some in my fridge now!) and love that it only takes 3 basic ingredients to make.
Oh and my best tip yet … I can’t forget this! Whip up a batch, pour it into some cute small mason jar containers and give it as a gift!
Teachers, birthdays or even Christmas. A homemade treat is always loved and appreciated!
Plus they’ll never know how easy it is to make! You’ll be an instant rock star!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium heavy sauce pan over medium heat, add sugar to pan. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE! TRUST ME!
- DO NOT LEAVE THE STOVE! Slowly whisk the sugar until it melts and turns into a dark amber color. If it is chunky at first, don't panic. It will eventually be smooth and runny.
- Once sugar is melted and a nice dark amber color, and while heat is still on, immediately add the butter and whisk quickly until it is melted. The mixture will sputter at you.
- Once butter is melted, remove from heat.
- Continue whisking as you add the cream.
- Once fully incorporated, set aside and let cool. Pour into a heat proof container (I prefer a mason jar) and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When cool and ready to use allow to come to room temperature or nuke in microwave and pour on top of ice cream, brownies, apple pie or in cupcakes as a filling.
Other Desserts You’ll Love…