It’s Main Dish Monday and today I’m bringing you a quick and delicious meal you can whip up for your whole family within 30 minutes!
I found this chicken cream cheese pocket recipe in my family cookbook years ago and have been making it ever since.
The ingredients are simple, and the process to make them is a breeze!
Not to mention it only takes a few minutes to toss together while everyone will think you spent longer making them!
These chicken cream cheese pockets are one of those recipes that a rotisserie chicken found at your local grocery store will come in handy, saving you even more time in the kitchen!
And the best part is that you can adapt these chicken cream cheese pockets into a freezer meal!
Freezer meals really helped me out when I had my second child and are a great way to save money and time throughout the week!
If you haven’t jumped on the freezer meal train, I suggest you give a them a try!
I have a feeling that this recipe will make its way into your family dinner rotation quickly after the first bite!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 2 cups chicken cooked and pulled (Rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced, or 1 small can of sliced mushrooms
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls (We use the large rolls)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can Evaporated Milk
- Corn Flakes, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, 2 Tablespoons of butter & mushrooms.
- Lay out a single crescent roll triangle. Stretch it out so that it is slightly bigger than normal.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of chicken mixture in the center of crescent roll.
- Wrap dough around chicken mixture sealing up edges, creating a pocket.
- Continue to do this to each crescent roll.
- Place onto lined cookie sheet or in a greased casserole dish.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and brush on to each crescent roll.
- Add crushed corn flakes to top of each crescent roll, if desired.
- Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, combine evaporated milk and cream of chicken soup in a pot on the stove, medium heat. Stir to incorporate and cook until simmer.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Serve Chicken Cream Cheese pockets with dipping sauce.
If you are making these ahead for a freezer meal, follow directions above to create pockets. There are two ways to do the freezer method.
1. After assembling, but before cooking, place filled pockets on a cookie tray and freeze for 2 hours. Once frozen, place in a freezer ziploc bag for up to 2 months. When ready to use, remove and place frozen pocket on a lined cookie sheet. Bake at 325*F for 30 minutes. (do not thaw - bake frozen). NOTE: Each oven is different. So the heat time may take longer or less depending on your oven. My electric oven in Minnesota requires 30 minutes.
2. After assembling, cook as directed. When finished cooking, let cool completely. Place cool cookie sheet in freezer for 2 hours or until pockets are frozen. Place them in a freezer ziploc bag for up to 2 month. When ready to eat, place frozen pockets on cookie sheet and bake at 325*F for 20 minutes. NOTE: Each oven is different. So the heat time may take longer or less depending on your oven. My electric oven in Minnesota requires 30 minutes.
Adapted From: Sandy Tippetts from the Laura Bowen Family Cookbook
Items recommended for this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love: