This Homemade Breakfast Pizza is a cinch to make and absolutely delicious! You can make it ahead of time or the morning of. Everyone is going to love it!
Get ready for eggs, cheese, hash browns, veggies, and ham. A perfect combo of foods all in one delicious bite!
I’m a big fan of breakfast pizzas over here! Eggo and Nutella Breakfast Pizzas anyone?
But I like this breakfast pizza recipe because it’s savory, not sweet. And sometimes, savory is the way to go!
You can whip up this breakfast pizza recipe pretty quickly! Which is perfect for busy mornings.
And breakfast pizza can easily be scaled up or down to serve a few or serve a crowd.
I love making it because it’s an easy breakfast pizza too. I always use leftover ham like from this Crockpot Maple Brown Sugar Ham recipe.
There’s no precooking the crust either! Crescent Roll Breakfast Pizza? You’re gonna love it!
Is Pizza Good For Breakfast?
Absolutely! There are so many homemade breakfast pizza options, you shouldn’t be limiting your pizza to just dinner!
Of course, most of the time, breakfast pizza is made with different ingredients than regular pizza.
Instead of pepperoni it might be ham or sausage.
You’re also more likely to see sweet pizzas like this Eggo Pizza.
But if a regular pizza is calling your name, then who am I to judge?
Go make that Pulled Pork Pizza and enjoy your life!
What Ingredients are In Homemade Breakfast Pizza?
This easy breakfast pizza recipe uses some of your favorite toppings and is perfect for any time of day!
- Pizza Dough: Crescent Rolls or Pillsbury premade pizza dough make the crust super easy!
- Hash Browns: I like to use the frozen hash browns thawed and quartered.
- Cheddar Cheese: I use sharp cheddar cheese but feel free to substitute if desired. (Mozzarella cheese would be a good one.)
- Eggs: This classic breakfast food just can’t be skipped!
- Milk: Use whatever percentage you desire, just no heavy cream.
- Salt and Pepper: For seasoning, of course!
- Parmesan Cheese: Don’t use powdered because the flavor just isn’t the same! Use real and shred it yourself.
- Bell Peppers: A combo of red and yellow bell peppers gives nutrition, color, and sweetness to your breakfast pizza.
- Ham: Any leftover ham will work! Honey Baked Ham is one of our favorites!
- Onion: Green onion is a little milder than regular onions and the perfect addition to breakfast pizza.
- If you’ve got the time, try this 30 Minute Pizza Dough! It’s so yummy!
- These toppings are so flexible! Use whatever breakfast items you have in your fridge!
Can I Use Other Meats with Breakfast Pizza?
Delicious breakfast pizza is very forgiving and easy.
That means ham is delicious in breakfast pizza but so is:
- crispy bacon
- pork sausage
- bacon bits
- scrambled eggs
- breakfast sausage
- really almost anything else you can think of.
You could even leave the meat out and make it a vegetarian pizza too!
Use leftovers and make your life easier whenever possible.
It’s the reason this is one of our family favorites! Many additional toppings and it’s a super fun way eat breakfast for the whole family.
I don’t recommend omitting the shredded cheese though. I find that a cheese breakfast pizza is fine but without that cheese it’s mostly lacking.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
Here’s a few simple steps to make delicious homemade breakfast pizza. It’s going to be one of your favorite breakfast recipes!
- Dough: Either roll the crescent roll dough together or use the pizza dough in a jellyroll pan (cookie sheet with edges).
- Toppings: Make sure to leave a crust on the edges as you sprinkle on the desired toppings.
- Eggs: The eggs should be mixed with milk before being poured over the breakfast pizza.
- Bake: When the cheese is melted, the edges are tanned, and it smells amazing? That’s when it’s done!
- If you’re using crescent rolls be sure to push them together really well so no toppings escape out the bottom.
- The breakfast pizza can be round like a regular pizza or rectangular. You decide!
- Make sure to spray your large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or use parchment paper for an easier cleanup.
Can I Make Breakfast Pizza Ahead of Time?
Yes! Homemade breakfast pizza can be made early. It’s the best way to get the most important meal of the day when you’re in a rush.
- Get all your toppings together. That means chop your veggies, grate your cheese, etc.
- Mix the eggs with the seasonings and milk.
- Put all the toppings into the fridge to wait for morning.
- Roll out the dough and wrap tightly to avoid it getting dried out.
In the morning, simply throw the ingredients on and put the whole thing into your preheated oven.
We love making breakfast foods the night before. It frees up our already too busy mornings!
And in case you’re wondering, this is a great one for Christmas morning too! It’s an easy breakfast and a fun tradition.
How to Store Leftover Breakfast Pizza
Any leftover pizza can be stored in the fridge.
Make sure to first let the breakfast pizza cool.
Then store in an airtight container for up to four days.
I prefer to reheat in the oven or air fryer. That keeps the crispy and heats the entire pizza through.
You could also reheat in the microwave, though the crust will be a bit softer that way.
What to Serve with Breakfast Pizza
Try any of these delicious recipes with your homemade breakfast pizza.
- Drinks: Try any Non Alcoholic Mimosa or Strawberry Jello Punch. Or throw some Orange Lemonade on the table.
- Fruits: An easy Summer Fruit Salad with Watermelon, Fruit Salad Glaze or Blueberry Bread Pudding are always a hit.
- Muffins: A sweet treat to go with your pizza! Try Blueberry Muffin Recipe, Raspberry Muffin Recipe or Double Chocolate Banana Muffins.
- Smoothies: Mango Strawberry Banana Smoothie or Strawberry and Oatmeal Smoothie are a few of our favorites.
As you’ve already got the savory breakfast pizza, remember to not go too savory with your sides.
Sweet sides are the way to go!
Can You Freeze Breakfast Pizza?
Homemade breakfast pizza can be frozen for later eating!
It freezes well and reheats well also.
To freeze, simply wrap each piece individually in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
That keeps it from getting stuck to the other pizza pieces and helps prevent freezer burn.
Then you can take out however many slices you want at any given time.
Reheat the same as from the fridge.
Frozen homemade breakfast pizza will stay good in the freezer for up to three months.
Homemade Breakfast Pizza is easy, delicious, and filling. It’ll be a favorite of your entire family.
I hope you love the breakfast pizza just as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments if you made any changes and how they went!
- 1 (8.5 ounce) package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls or Pillsbury pre-made pizza dough sheet
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup frozen hash brown rounds, thawed and quartered.
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- Using a pizza pan, roll out crescent rolls in a circle pointing each tip towards the center. Stretch and press dough together and seal up edges creating a round pizza. (If you don't have a pizza pan, or don't want to go through the hassle, use Pillsbury pizza dough and roll out to fit a jellyroll pan (cookie sheet with edges).
- Roll edges of dough up creating a pizza edge which will help keep the eggs in.
- Sprinkle dough with, ham, hash browns, peppers, and green onions & any other desired toppings.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, salt & pepper. Pour over veggies.
- Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are tanned.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
Photos & Text Updated: August 15, 2023