My husband is not a sweets person. As in, he’ll eat ONE cookie or a BITE of cake.
He’s more of a salty kind of guy. Dips, salty snacks and appetizers are preferred over desserts.
However, everyone has their weakness. One of my husbands is my cheesecake brownies. A recipe I’ve been making for the last 12 years. Now don’t get me wrong. He wont down an entire pan of them. But he will eat 2, maybe 3 brownies in a week!
So alas came the day when I had a fridge full of fruit that needed to be used sooner than later. Blueberries, Blackberries and Raspberries. The blackberries I used to make these Blackberry Bars. The Blueberries I used to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast one morning.
But what to do with the raspberries? Suddenly it hit me. Add them to my cheesecake brownies. So I came to this website to pull up my recipe and was SHOCKED that it’s not here! I can’t believe I’ve never posted it! So here it is with the addition of raspberries.
My husband who doesn’t like raspberries, preferred the brownies without them. I though, am a raspberry fanatic! LOVE THEM! And thought these were incredible! I liked them more with the raspberries.
These would also work with any kind of berry. Boysenberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, Blueberry. Pick your favorite and whip them up! Or don’t use any berries at all.
Like I said, my husband prefers them berry free. I prefer them with. Either way, they are tasty and one of our favorite brownies – EVER.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces of fresh raspberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Grease a 9" square pan.
- In a bowl with a paddle attachment, combine cooled, melted butter & cocoa.
- Add eggs, sugar & vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add salt, baking powder & flour. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Top with fresh raspberries, squishing slightly into brownie mixture. Set aside.
- In a new bowl, combine softened cream cheese & sugar.
- Add egg & vanilla. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour over raspberries and brownie mixture.
- Slowly and gently stick a butter knife into mixture and pull through all the layers, slowly creating a marbled effect.
- Bake uncovered for 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into brownies comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool then enjoy!
Items recommended for this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…