I’m not really sure where to start in describing this spaghetti casserole dish.
It’s a bit like Spaghetti lasagna. Spaghetti layered with deliciousness and then served in a casserole style dish!
Absolutely simple, delicious and kid friendly!
Not only is this this spaghetti casserole an easy weeknight meal, it’s also a great freezer meal.
Are you a freezer meal kind of person? If not, then I highly recommend giving them a try, especially if you have space in your freezer!
This meal is perfect for tossing into a tin casserole dish, with a lid of course, and then freezing (up to 1 month). Then it’s ready to go whenever you need it!
This casserole tasted great right out of the oven and went quite well with our easy garlic bread, which I highly recommend you try with this recipe!
A nice green salad would also pair well with this dish too.
If you love Italian food, easy meals and meals that reheat well, then this is a dish for you!
My family loved this and I especially loved how simple it was to make! Whip up a double batch so that you can eat one and freeze one for later!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1 teaspoons minced garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 (15 ounce) spaghetti sauce, any brand
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 8 ounce cottage cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Break spaghetti into thirds and put into large pot. Cook as directed.
- While spaghetti is cooking, in a medium skilled, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until beef is cooked through and onion is translucent.
- Once beef is cooked, add spaghetti sauce, sugar and oregano. Cook for additional 5 minutes for flavors to meld. Set aside.
- When spaghetti done cooking, drain.
- Add butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and egg to cooked spaghetti. Mix well.
- Press spaghetti mixture into a 9x9 square pan.
- Top spaghetti mixture with cottage cheese.
- Spoon ground beef mixture over cottage cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven top with mozzarella cheese and bake for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
This meal also works well as a freezer meal! Prepare up until baking. Freeze. When ready to eat, allow to thaw in fridge for 24 hours then bake at 350*F for 30 minutes, add cheese and bake for additional 10 minutes.
Items recommended for this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…