I’m always looking for quick, easy and healthy breakfasts. Because, let’s be honest, cold cereal gets old real fast. And I’ve already explained my complicated relationship with eggs.
I want something filling and tasty and not full of sugar. This oatmeal definitely fits the bill. It’s not the quickest, but this usually lasts in our family for 2 days. It keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge. Then just reheat with some milk in the morning.
This breakfast is also perfect for those mornings where you’ve got lots of people to feed. Give it a try this holiday season, on a cold morning to warm you up!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 inch pie plate or an 8 inch square pan by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix melted coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, honey and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until well distributed.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with warmed milk and toppings, if desired.