Every year for Valentines day, I get this idea in my head that I’m going to make my kids Strawberry Milk as part of their Valentine’s Day Breakfast. And every year, I fail. So this year, I’m thinking and planning ahead.
Easy Strawberry milk sounds pretty darn easy, right? However rather than go with the bottle of Strawberry Syrup I wanted to use real strawberries.
So I concocted a plan in my head on how to make it. But just to see if I was on the right track, I looked up a few recipes. All the recipes were EXACTLY the same. And they ALL involved WATER.
To me, that just didn’t make sense. Now I didn’t try their recipe so I can’t say that they tasted bad. In fact, they probably tasted pretty good as their base for their strawberry milk looked a lot like the base for my strawberry sauce. However, I wanted Easy Strawberry milk. Not strawberry syrup water milk.
So I stuck to my original idea and whipped up a MEGA batch. I was a bit overzealous and made enough for the entire neighborhood. It was good. Really good. And then my husband had a great idea. What about adding a little chocolate syrup to it for a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milk version? Mmm. Mmm. Good.
The chocolate version was my kids favorite. My husband enjoyed both. And the best part? It’s made with MILK. No water. Just Milk.
I’ve scaled the recipe down for a more modest amount than my neighborhood sized batch. This is a great Valentines Day breakfast treat or any day of the year treat. Why does this have to be restricted to only one day a year?
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 4 cups milk (any percentage, whatever your family drinks - including almond etc.)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Chocolate Syrup Per Cup (optional)
- In a blender, add strawberries & milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and continue blending for 1 more minute.
- Pour into 2 - 3 cups. If mixture isn't thin enough, add more milk.
- To make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milk, add one Tablespoon of chocolate syrup to each cup, stir until incorporated and enjoy!
Items recommended for this recipe include…
Another Recipe You’ll Love…