Creamy Garlic Pasta is a one pot, 30 minute meal that my entire family LOVES. Simply toss all the ingredients into the pot, cook it up and serve with your favorite vegetable or side dish! A yummy bowl of comfort food for lunch or dinner!
Are you looking for a quick but satisfying one pot meal? You can’t go wrong with this amazing Creamy Garlic Pasta. It is super easy to whip up this fool proof garlic pasta sauce, in fact, I love making extra so that there is some in the fridge for leftovers for a few days! This dish is a family favorite, and I love anything that keeps my picky eaters happy.
Whenever I’m craving a pasta with white sauce, this is one of my go-to recipes. I also love making Fettuccine Alfredo with Heavy Cream, but this Creamy Garlic Pasta is simple, cheesy and flavorful.
Ingredients for Creamy Garlic Pasta:
This dish is simple and fast, so there aren’t too many ingredients you’ll need. To make garlic pasta sauce, you’ll need the following:
- The Main Ingredients: Olive Oil, Butter, Garlic and Parmesan Cheese
- Make it Saucy: Chicken Stock & Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pasta: I tend to go with either Thin Spaghetti or Angel Hair pasta here. These noodles hold the sauce well.
- Top it Off: Add Salt & Pepper to your taste preference. Sprinkle some more Parmesan cheese on top (I really don’t think you can have too much!)
How to make Creamy Garlic Pasta:
Everything comes together easily for this garlic and oil pasta. Here’s what you’ll do in just a few simple steps:
- Making the Garlic Pasta Sauce: In a large pot or dutch oven, heat your oil and cook your garlic until the smell is fragrant — but careful not to burn the garlic! Then melt in the butter and add chicken stock and bring it all to a boil.
- Adding the Pasta: Once you’ve made the sauce and the chicken stock has come to a boil, you’ll add in your chosen pasta. The pasta is going to absorb most of the chicken stock — it’ll be so flavorful from absorbing the flavors you’ve just created.
- Making it Creamy: Once the pasta is cooked through, take it off the heat. Then you’ll start adding in the Parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Stir it up until the cheese is melty and the whole dish looks perfectly creamy.
How can I make my Creamy Garlic Pasta more flavorful?
There are many ways you can make this dish your own. You could try spicing it up by sprinkling in some red chili flakes!
If you wanted to, you could also add in some produce! I like to keep it simple for my kids, but if you’re feeling adventurous you could try mixing in:
- Greens: Broccoli, Asparagus, or Bell Peppers
- Reds: Chop up some Sun Dried tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Earthy: Adding some diced mushrooms into your pot would also be a nice touch
Turn this Creamy Garlic Pasta into a meal:
Even though it’s tempting to only have a big serving of pasta for dinner, you can also serve this dish with a colorful salad like this Bacon Lettuce Tomato Salad and simple protein like Air Fryer Chicken Breasts to make it into a well rounded meal. Of course, for our garlic lovers, you can always include your favorite Easy Garlic Bread on the side for soaking up any extra sauce.
What to do with any leftover Garlic Pasta:
As I said before, I love this dish because it is so easy to make just a little too much and have leftovers for lunch or even having again for dinner the next day.
To store your garlic pasta, keep it in an airtight container. It should last in the fridge for 3-5 days. You can simply reheat your leftovers in the microwave, or if you have some more time on your hands you can reheat it in a pot on the stove. If you go the route of reheating on the stove, you might have to add a little more broth to keep everything tasting fresh and creamy.
If you’re freezing your garlic and olive oil pasta, the best way is to under cook the noodles just a little. Freezing pasta can make things taste a little soggy, but if the noodles aren’t quite cooked fully then this dish freezes well for months in an airtight container! Once you’re ready to reheat, just thaw the pasta in the fridge and reheat on the stove top with a little extra broth or water.
Other simple pasta recipes:
Pasta is a great way to feed a lot of people with ease. It is hard to find someone who isn’t a pasta lover. Try some of my other favorite pasta recipes:
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Mexican Chicken Pasta
- Sausage Basil Pasta
- Pizza Pasta Casserole
Easy Side Dishes You’ll Love…
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- Spinach Strawberry Pecan Salad
- Grape Salad Minnesota
- Esquites Recipe
- Candied Carrots
- Mashed Potato Rolls
I love pasta, it seems we have it at least once a week in our house. My whole family loves this Creamy Garlic Pasta, which means it is something that is made over and over again throughout the year. Finding something that is easy to make and pleases everyone in the house isn’t always easy, but this simple garlic pasta recipe is always sure to please. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon garlic paste or 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Cups of chicken stock (24 ounces)
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (as shown in photos) + additional for topping
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium low heat.
- Add in garlic and saute for 1 - 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant, do not burn.
- Add butter and continue stirring until butter melts.
- Add chicken stock and raise heat to medium high bringing stock to a boil.
- Once broth is at a boil add noodles. You can add them whole or break them in half and add them.
- Cook pasta for the length of time the package directs you to.
- Pasta will absorb almost all of the broth.
- When pasta is cooked through, remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan and stir until cheese is melted and noodles are cheesy.
- Add in heavy cream and mix well. Salt and pepper according to your tastes or as needed.
- Serve immediately. Top with more cheese!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1105mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g
Photos & Text Updated: February 26, 2020