As you may or may not have seen on our website, we love cupcakes. In fact we have quite a variety of them to offer. And will continue to add more as the years continue.
One reason for this is that, well, they are delicious! The second is that my 4 year old decided to open up a cupcake and lemonade stand this summer in our front yard. We live right next door to one of the largest parks in our town and every Wednesday night there is a concert in the park with a live band, food vendors – the works!
So we opened up our own cupcakes and lemonade stand in our front yard to take advantage of all the people who walk past our house. Thus far she’s doing quite well with her stand, significantly better than any other 4 year old I know.
However the catch is that every week we feature a NEW cupcake flavor. So we get people who show up for JUST the cupcakes, asking what flavor and often times don’t even bother going to the event…they just want the cupcakes.
This has made us quite popular with cupcake lovers. So much so that I’m now getting asked to do side orders for people for parties. Our cupcakes are always gourmet, and delicious.
This particular cupcake, white cupcake with raspberry curd, was not only featured at our Lemonade stand, but also an order was placed for 2 dozen of them. It’s a simple white cupcake, with the most amazing raspberry curd filling you have ever had, topped with a simple creamy buttercream frosting.
It’s basic. It’s gourmet. It’s heaven! If you have a birthday, baby shower, party or even wedding coming up, these white cupcakes with raspberry curd are superb!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1 (16 - 18 ounce) box of white cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- Homemade Raspberry Curd
- Homemade Buttercream Frosting
- Prepare Raspberry Curd ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 325*F
- Line cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Mix to incorporate.
- Add water, oil, vanilla, sour cream and egg whites. Mix well until mixture is smooth.
- Using a large cookie scoop, fill each liner 3/4 full with cake batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make Buttercream Frosting and set aside.
- When cupcakes are cooled, hollow out cupcakes with a knife or a tool.
- Spoon raspberry curd into the center of cupcake.
- Pipe frosting and any decorations you want onto cupcake and promptly devour 2.
Recipe By: Recipe Girl
Items used in this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love