If you’ve followed along with us here at Num’s, you are well aware of our love of Maraschino cherries.
If you love them too, then you really should check out some of our other amazing recipes like our Chocolate Cherry Sandwich Cookies or our Chocolate Cherry Cookies. We also have Cherry Bell Cookies (one of my all time favorites), Cherry Dark Chocolate Chip Scones and of course Cherry Limeade! Not enough? We’ve got more! Just search the website for the term ‘Cherry’ and you’ll find some amazing recipes!
I got the brilliant idea once upon a time to buy a GIANT tub of Maraschino cherries at a big box store, thinking it would last me a few recipes. And a few recipes it has. Holy Smokes does it come with a LOT of cherries and juice.
I’m not complaining, just forewarning you that if you get the brilliant (and thrifty) idea to buy in bulk be prepared to use them! So as I was staring at the jar today, and craving cookies, I decided to adapt our Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe into a white chocolate cherry cookie recipe.
Let me just say, if you like white chocolate, and you like cherries and you like soft and chewy cookies, then you are going to FLIP for these white chocolate cherry cookies. They take MINUTES to make and taste fantastic! A perfect treat for yourself or as a thank you gift to someone!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1 Jar Maraschino Cherries
- 1 cup butter, softened (I use salted)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla INSTANT pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) bag of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, non-stick foil or baking mat and set aside.
- Remove cherries from jar and discard juice or use for another recipe like our Cherry Limeade recipe. Chop cherries into 4 - 6 pieces per cherry. If you have a chopper, now is the time to use it! Blot cherries with paper towel to get rid of any extra juice. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar, scraping bowl as needed.
- Add powdered instant pudding mix to sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add eggs & vanilla and mix well.
- Add baking soda and flour, mix and scrape sides as needed.
- Add cherries and white chocolate chips and mix well.
- Scoop onto prepare baking sheet in 1 inch balls.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until edges begin to golden.
Items recommended for this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…