Every summer I become obsessed with Watermelon. I love it.
And for the last few years I’ve been the only person in the house to eat it. I buy an entire watermelon, eat as much as I possibly can and then toss whatever I can’t consume.
This year though, I finally have another watermelon lover! My 11 month old LOVES watermelon. He’s as obsessed with it as I am and if he sees me eating it, he has to eat it too!
This year, because there is more than just myself consuming them, I’ve purchased several. And after a few of them I decided that a fruity watermelon drink sounded pretty tasty in my mind.
So I hopped onto Pinterest and found a recipe for Watermelon Lemonade. DING DING DING!!
Lauren over at Healthy.Delicious. has a great recipe that she came up with herself and it was a hit among us all!
It’s simple, delicious and the perfect drink on a warm afternoon while watching the kids play outside.
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 small, seedless watermelon, about 2-3 cups chopped
- 8 lemons
- 4 cups seltzer
- Combine the water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a rapid simmer to dissolve the sugar. Once the sugar is dissolved, set aside to cool.
- Peel the watermelon and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Process in a blender until smooth.
- Strain, and pour into a serving pitcher.
- Juice 7 of the lemons, strain and add to the watermelon puree.
- Slice the remaining lemon into thin rounds and add to the pitcher.
- Stir in the simple syrup.
- Add the seltzer and stir gently to combine.
- Chill well and serve over ice.
Recipe From: Healthy. Delicious.