One of my favorite Summer fruits is Watermelon. I look forward to it every year.
There is nothing quite like a rich, red, ripe, juicy watermelon.
The flavor is amazing when you pick a good one and you find yourself eating copious amounts of it almost to the point of gorging yourself.
However delicious watermelon is by itself, it is also great with other ingredients too.
For instance, the sweet flavor of watermelon melds well with salty feta. Add some mint and and you have a flavorful side dish of watermelon feta & mint salad.
This watermelon feta & mint salad takes only minutes to whip together, which is always a bonus when you have guests coming over.
Plus it’s absolutely perfect for any barbecue or picnic or even outdoor snack to nibble on while enjoying the beautiful weather!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 6 cups watermelon, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, chilled and drained
- 4 ounces Feta cheese crumbles
- 4 mint leaves, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of Salt
- In a small bowl combine mint and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine chilled watermelon & feta cheese.
- Add to Watermelon the mint olive oil dressing. Gently combine until well mixed.
- Add sprinkle of salt.
- Serve Immediately.
Items Recommended for this Recipe Include…
One Year Ago, 2014