I am so excited it’s November! That means it’s pie month! PIE MONTH!! I love love love pie. In fact, it’s my favorite part of Thanksgiving. I always look forward to the pies!
This year I was flipping through my church, family and random old cookbooks looking for unique pies and came across Swedish Apple Pie.
Swedish Apple Pie huh? How can that be any different than American apple pie? Well my friends, it is and in such a tasty way!
This pie at first threw me off. NO CRUST.
If you are someone who is scared to make crust, then have no fear because this apple pie doesn’t have one.
Instead you layer your apples in a greased pie dish. Then whip up a tasty almond pecan sugar cookie batter that you spread over the apples and bake it.
The best part is that it slices and dishes up just like pie. I fully expected this to be more like a crisp, sloppy and spread out, but it didn’t.
I also love how this pie is one that you can make a day or two ahead! Yea for make ahead pies!
If you’re looking for something different, delicious and unique this season, try this Swedish Apple Pie!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 8 medium sized granny smith apples, peeled, sliced and cored. (The more spots on the apple, the sweeter the apple)
- 1 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted & cooled.
- 1 cup white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (original recipe called for 1 tsp but we found that to be a bit overwhelming)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Spray a pie plate with non-stick spray and fill pie plate 3/4 full with sliced apples.
- Sprinkle apples with 1 Tablespoon white sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, 1 cup sugar, salt, egg, flour, almond extract & pecans. Mix well.
- Spread egg mixture over apples gently.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Can be served warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.
Recipe By: Beverly Reschke in Church cookbook
Items used in this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…