It’s Favorite Friday and we think smoothies are the best. Not because they are healthy and good for you – but because they can be substituted for any meal.
In our house, we are downing smoothies several times a week.
I crave them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks. Why yes, you did read the correctly, we do have smoothie dinners some nights. The tot gets a hot dog or one of her favorite usual meals (with a smoothie drink) and the hubs and I whip up our favorite smoothies and drink them. They will hold us over for several hours and then we have a snack before bed.
Some of you may be freaking out right now thinking “That’s not what you should do – snack before bed?!?!” However, we aren’t too worried about our girlish figures. What we are worried about, are our taste buds.
Smoothies are packed with protein, fruits and wonderful flavor combinations. Really anything you can dream up, can be put into a smoothie. This particular one is one of my favorites – but then again, I am a fruity kind of girl.
- 1 cup of peach yogurt (we like Tillamook Peach the best)
- 1 ripe banana (spotted but not banana bread quality)
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 10 large frozen strawberries
- Toss all ingredients into a blender in the order given.
- Turn blender on and allow it to puree all ingredients until a smooth creamy mixture. If your blender cannot handle this, in the off position, use a spatula to help get the strawberries to the bottom. Continue to do this until the entire mixture is smooth and lump free.
- If the smoothie is too thick for you (I like mine thick!) then add another 1/4 cup of orange juice to thin out.
- Pour into two glasses, add fun straws and enjoy!