One of my all time favorite salads is this Southwestern Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette. It is PACKED with flavor and the dressing is to die for.
Cilantro lovers will freak over the power of this dressing. It is that good!
I started making the salad a few years ago and we absolutely fell in love with it.
It was easy to put together, filling and oh so good. As in we couldn’t stop eating it good.
The first time we had it, my husband and I each had two VERY generous portions for dinner and practically licked the bowl it was so good.
I will point out though, that the one thing we’ve learned to do is to not put the dressing on the actual salad prior to serving. Instead we let everyone dish up how much salad they want and then spoon on how much dressing they want.
The reason we do this is because if there are left overs then they stay fresh and delicious the next day. Whereas when you add the dressing and then store it in the fridge over night, the lettuce becomes wilted and soggy. And no one likes soggy salad!
Despite it’s southwestern theme, it’s a tasty salad all year round. It’s also something that would be perfect to serve at your Cinco de Mayo party!
If you’re looking for more of a min dish then add some grilled chicken to it and make it a meal!
Make this as a side dish or a main dish. Add meat or leave it plain. No matter how you do it, this Southwestern Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette is an amazing salad. And as with all salads, it’s really the dressing that makes it over the top amazing – so don’t skimp. In fact, double it. It’s that good.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- Your favorite lettuce blend or romaine lettuce
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 Red Pepper, diced (or use baby bell peppers)
- 1/2 Orange Pepper, diced (or use baby bell peppers)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen, canned or fresh - your choice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup of your favorite Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced - or use 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- For the salad, toss all ingredients into a bowl.
- For the dressing, toss all ingredients into a bowl, mix well.
- Let dressing sit for 30 minutes (if you can wait) to allow flavors to mix well. If you can't wait (like me) then trust me, it still tastes amazing!
- Serve dressing on top of salad or on side.
Recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking
Items recommended for this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…