Looking for that toss together casserole that the whole family will love?
This is it. It’s our go to casserole when taking dinner to someone because it’s easy and, really it’s just one of those comfort type foods that everyone loves.
Now if I’m going to be fully honest, don’t make it for the above reasons. Those are selling points, don’t get me wrong.
But the real reason you should make it is because it reheats well. We eat a LOT of leftovers. And some reheat well and some don’t.
This does. This is perfect reheated in the microwave or oven. Just sprinkle some new cheese on top, heat it up and then top with another dollop of sour cream and you’ve got a meal that tastes as good reheated the next day as it did the day it was served.
For us, that’s BIG.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak seasoning
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 1- 10 oz can of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 ounces shredded Mexican 4 Cheese blend
- 1 1/2 cups dried macaroni style pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 cup shredded Mexican 4 Cheese blend
- sliced green onions for garnish
- sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a two-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In large skillet brown ground beef with onions, bell pepper and red pepper flakes and steak seasoning.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano and chili powder.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add the frozen corn and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the 2 ounces of cheese until melted. Gently stir in the cooked pasta. Pour all into prepared casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with green onions and sour cream.
Recipe From: Amanda’s Cookin