There is one flavor that shouts fall. PUMPKIN!
If you love the taste of fall then you’ll love these pumpkin bars.
These bars are NOT overly pumpkin flavor. More pumpkin spice than straight up pumpkin, which is what I love.
Personally I don’t care for pumpkin pie. However I REALLY like these pumpkin bars.
They are moist, and flavorful and can be made ahead of time and stored for several days before using or stored after for leftovers.
My daughter really enjoyed having a bar as a surprise snack in her lunch box one day and at the ripe age of 5 has given these bars her stamp of approval!
These are so incredibly simple to make and the cream cheese frosting is to die for. Seriously so so good.
These pumpkin bars are covered in rich and creamy cream cheese frosting and make the perfect treat for any holiday party or dinner.
Go on, give them a try. You wont be disappointed!
This post contains affiliate links as a free service to you!
Follow us on Pinterest HERE!
- 1 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with spray oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs & sugar. Mix well.
- Add cinnamon, salt, baking soda & baking powder. Mix well.
- Add flour in 1/2 cup at a time. Mix well.
- Mix in walnuts if using.
- Pour batter into prepared 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let bars cool completely before frosting.
- When bars are completely cool, make frosting.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese and butter. Mix until smooth and silky.
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- Add confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time mixing well after each addition, until all sugar has been added.
- Spread ALL of cream cheese mixture onto cake.
- Cut and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Items used in this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…