With the summer heat upon us, the last thing we want to do is turn on the oven.
That’s when we start eating a lot more salads and crock pot meals.
This salad recipe is delicious and easy to make.
It’s perfect for using up left over Thanksgiving turkey, a store bought chicken or even a few chicken breasts you have sitting around. No need for waste when there is a tasty recipe like this just begging to be made!
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey, rotisserie chicken or chopped chicken breasts
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3/4 cup of grapes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup shelled salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 drops of Tabasco sauce
- Romaine Lettuce, chopped (or favorite salad lettuce)
- Wash and dry Romaine Lettuce.
- In a bowl, combine turkey, celery, grapes, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and Tobasco sauce.
- Spoon out 1 cup of chicken salad mixture on top of bed of romaine lettuce.
- Top with pistachios.
- Serve immediately