I saw that my local grocery store had Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark on after Christmas clearance and picked up a few bars thinking they might come in handy at some point.
Then a few days later, it snowed. And what goes better with a snowball fight than a nice hot cup of coco?
Before going out for an hour or two to play in the snow with my three year old, I whipped up a batch of peppermint hot chocolate in my crock pot so it would be ready when we came back inside. And boy was I glad I did, because our cheeks were rosy and cold and a warm mug of coco was the perfect treat to warm us up!
- 1 (14 ounce) can of condensed milk
- 1 Quart 2% milk
- 1/2 cup coco powder
- 2 full Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Chocolate Bars, chopped
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Peppermint stick (optional)
- In a crock pot set on low, combine condensed milk and 2% milk.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Add coco powder and chopped peppermint bark.
- Stir every 20 minutes until peppermint bark is completely melted and incorporated and coco is hot.
- Serve with marshmallows and peppermint sticks.