Mexican Chicken Wrap – a simple, quick toss together meal that is perfect for home, work or on-the-go. Packed with flavor and easy to make!
There are some days where I really don’t want to think about lunch or dinner.
Do you ever have those kinds of days? I’d say it happens more often than I’d like to admit.
Generally I get busy doing 10 other things that I completely forget about lunch or dinner until it’s time for it.
And that my friends, is why this Mexican Chicken Wrap is a new favorite of ours.
Now if you’ve been a fan of Num’s for a while, you know that I love Mexican dishes.
Generally they are my favorite and I tend to make them quite often.
My poor husband, doesn’t love Mexican food as much as I do and often says something under his breath when I mention we’re eating Mexican again…AGAIN.
However, believe it or not, he likes wraps, and really liked these.
I will admit, that I probably liked it more than he did, but there was no grumbling and he didn’t leave a crumb on his plate…so I’ll consider that a success!
These came to be when I literally had chicken sitting in my fridge with no idea what to make with it. The chicken needed to be used by that day and my mind was a total blank.
So I looked and saw tortillas and got to work.
I’m sure you could add a little taco seasoning to your chicken to give it a bit more of a kick or even a little hot sauce or some jalapenos.
I however liked this just the way it is.
I’m a huge fan of TASTING my food and not necessarily the HEAT of my food. And so I tend to opt for green chilies vs jalapenos.
However, what this should tell you is that this Mexican Tortilla Wrap is pretty easy to manipulate to your tastes and a great way to use up some random ingredients sitting around.
So alas, I toss together a few things I happen to have around the house (notice no tomatoes, of which you can add, but I didn’t have any actually in the house) and in the end came up with this tasty treat.
A few simple ingredients, which when placed together, make a pretty fantastic meal.
It’s a great meal for lunches, dinner, on-the-go or leftovers.
I will warn, that you shouldn’t skip the dip. If you aren’t a fan of Mayo, use Greek Yogurt. But either way, the dip is really where the Mexican flavors come into play, and it’s delicious!
Other Chicken Recipes You’ll Love…
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1 ( ounce) can of green chiles
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- Tomatoes (optional)
- In a small bowl combine salsa & mayonnaise. Place in fridge while you make wraps.
- In a skillet, combine oil, chicken & onions. Cook until chicken is cooked through and onions are translucent, about 6 - 8 minutes, depending on heat level.
- Add green chiles and cook for 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle cheese onto each tortilla. Bake in oven at 350*F for 5 minutes until cheese melts OR microwave for 2 - 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Once cheese is melted, top with one leaf of lettuce, chicken & onion mixture and tomatoes (if desired). Do this to each wrap.
- Fold and roll up like a wrap and slice in half.
- Remove dip from fridge and enjoy wrap with dip!