If you haven’t seen my new curd obsession, then listen up. I LOVE ALL CURD. I just discovered the tastiness called curd a few months ago and have been obsessed with it ever since. Thus far I’ve made lemon curd, raspberry curd and now lime curd.
One question that I’m often asked, is what do you do with curd. Well…anything. And what I like most about it is that you can substitute any flavor of curd in any recipe that calls for curd.
Some ideas that might get you thinking, in which I used curd are these: Lemon Curd Mousse & White Cupcakes with Raspberry Curd. However I have several more recipes coming up, and all are absolutely divine!
Our favorite way to eat curd is simply with a spoon. This includes all the curds, especially lime curd. My kids have been known to chase me around the house trying to get a spoonful of curd.
This lime curd is sweet and tangy, creamy and smooth and perfect for cupcakes, bars or mousse!
If you’ve never had curd, then you are in for one of the most amazing delicious treats around. I am 100% hooked and this lime curd is no exception!!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 3 limes, zested
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (don't use store bought lime juice, fresh squeezed only)
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 5 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter (1 1/2 sticks of butter cut into 1 Tablespoon sections = 12 Tablespoons total)
- Tip: Zest limes before juicing. This is MUCH easier to do!
- In a saucepan, add lime zest, lime juice, white sugar, eggs and salt. Mix well.
- Place saucepan on burner and turn to medium heat.
- Whisk continually for 15 minutes. This is to prevent egg from curdling. Curd will begin to thicken between 10 and 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat and add butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, whisking until melted and mixed in.
- Pour curd through a fine mesh strainer. This will remove the zest and any partially cooked egg.
- Chill curd for 3 hours or overnight. Curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
Items used in this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love