This Crock Pot Maple Brown Sugar Ham provides a subtle flavor that everyone will love. Perfect for your Easter Meal and perfect for leftover sandwiches!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage on your purchase, which helps keep this website running! Thank you!
I just know that this post about Crock Pot Maple Brown Sugar Ham and several other posts to come will bring a flooding of phone calls from my family.
And if I know my family as I think I do, they wont actually read this post, but they’ll see the Facebook post and die of heart attacks calling to see if I’m OK.
They will wonder If I’m well or if I’ve had some sort of out of body experience.
Let me start by telling all of you that I, Janelle, do not eat pork.
I don’t like pork chops or ham or sausage and haven’t eaten it in the last 20 years.
And I have an amazing family who all accommodate my choice to not eat pork.
It’s not a religious choice but taste choice. I do however occasionally eat bacon (though I prefer turkey bacon) and pepperoni.
So when Jodie and I started to talk about our upcoming food schedule we had to decide who was doing the Easter ham post.
My husband heard this discussion and piped in that he wanted me to do it because he liked ham and would be happy to eat it.
And so dear family & friends, you will be seeing a lot of ham recipes in the upcoming weeks.
And the reviews I give on these recipes is really my husband and 3 year old daughters (and anyone else who eats it) reviews as I myself wont be eating it.
Now that everyone is sufficiently caught up on the quirks of this food blogger…let’s get on to this recipe!
My husband is a HUGE fan of just about anything using REAL maple syrup.
So when I saw this recipe for Maple Brown Sugar Ham, I knew it was the one I would have to make.
Plus it was a recipe that used the crock pot, which sealed the deal on this recipe.
Now as to whether you and your family would like it, these were the comments I received on this Crock Pot Maple Brown Sugar Ham.
1) The flavors are very mild (which is what I wanted seeing as how I was going to be making a variety of dishes with it)
2) It’s delicious. Cooked perfectly and tender.
3) My UBER picky 3 year old (who doesn’t eat anything without an argument that doesn’t include the words jelly sandwich or hotdog) LOVED it. As in she ate 2 of the slices in the picture. She especially liked hers with just a TINY sprinkling of extra brown sugar. Did I mention that there was ZERO argument?! She happily devoured it without any bribes or fits!!! And that she ate it for lunch, dinner and then lunch again the next day by HER REQUEST! This alone says it is a good recipe!
4) Leftovers are perfect for all kinds of recipes as you will soon see!
So if you are looking for a good Easter Ham recipe, that takes little effort and is all done in the crock pot, this is the recipe for you!
- 7-8 lb spiral cut bone in or boneless ham (I used boneless)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- Unwrap ham and discard flavor packet.
- Rub brown sugar all over the ham and make sure to get into the slices. We want them extra tasty!
- Pour on maple syrup and pineapple juice.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on low.
- Baste ham every 30 minutes and make sure to get in between the slices (though not required, I did do this).
- When ham is done, remove ham from crock pot and allow to rest on cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Note: One thing that we really enjoyed (fresh or leftover) was to eat it with a little extra brown sugar sprinkled on top - but then again, I love most things with a little extra sugar!
Recipe from: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Ham Recipes You’ll Love…