Why is it, that if you have a jello dish as a side item it is called a salad? Is that just something my family called it or is it really a thing?
Well this jello “salad” is as far from a salad as you can get. ZERO chunk of anything. No mayo or carrots or raisins. Just good stuff.
So here’s the deal. This is my husbands most FAVORITE side dish on the planet. I kid you not. It is required at every Thanksgiving, Christmas and a few other times during the year.
To him, it tastes like candy. He literally will eat this entire thing within a 24 hour period. BY HIMSELF. He is obsessed with it. And though I don’t personally think it’s the BEST THING ON THE PLANET, I do have to agree that it is mighty tasty.
Now remember, my husband does NOT do sweets. One cookie or maybe a slice of pie but that’s it. NEVER seconds and often times he passes the dessert up all together. And though this isn’t dessert, it certainly is sweet and delicious like a dessert and could pass as one.
It’s soooo easy to make, delicious and well, my husbands most favorite food on the planet. Yep. It’s true, so it must be good. Oh and if grape isn’t your thing, try cherry or raspberry. We love them all but grape is our favorite!
- 1 can of jellied cranberry sauce (the chunk free kind!)
- 1 (6 ounce) package of grape jello (any flavor will work great, so pick your favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) pint of sour cream
- 3/4 cups water
- Bring water to a boil.
- Stir in the jello until dissolved.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, blend cranberry sauce until smooth.
- Add to blender jello, and sour cream. Continue blending until smooth and well incorporated.
- Pour into a dish or jello mold and refrigerate over night or until set (several hours)