I LOVE Banana Bread. I’m always looking for new unique recipes and this one is one of my favorites.
Classic banana bread with shredded coconut make a fantastic coconut banana bread.
If you are a fan of Num’s you know that we LOVE coconut!
Take coconut chicken, coconut lime macaroons, coconut cream pie cookies, tropical banana bread and coconut key lime popcorn as just a few examples of ways we love to incorporate coconut into our daily diet!
This coconut banana bread is packed with flavor. It’s easy to whip up and on a cold day helps bring a little ray of sunshine into our home.
It’s difficult to not eat a slice of this without thinking about summer on a beach somewhere.
This coconut banana bread is fantastic for breakfast or a snack. It’s easy to create and also makes a great gift for the holidays!
If you love coconut, you’ll love this twist on classic banana bread!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (vegan option use 1/2 cup apple sauce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 extra ripe bananas, mashed.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Grease 2 9x5 loaf pans and set aside.
- In a bowl combine oil and sugar.
- Add eggs (or apple sauce) and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and almond extract, mix again.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix again.
- Add mashed bananas and mix well, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Alternately add flour & coconut milk, starting and ending with flour, mixing well after each addition until combined.
- Add Coconut and mix again.
- Pour batter into your two prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour. If toothpick inserted to center of loaf comes out wet bake for additional 15 minutes or until tested toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaves rest for 10 minutes before removing from pans and allowing to cool on racks.
Recipe by: Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
Items used in this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…