Looking for a lighter dinner tonight? Or possibly a different side dish? Why not whip up this easy salad?
Sometimes we want a light meal at night or a healthier side dish than the same old sides we tend to serve.
This salad is packed with flavor and always a hit with our family.
We like to do it as a salad bar so each person can customize their own salad and choose how much dressing they want.
I’ve found that some people like super light dressing and others like it a bit heavier so doing it as a salad bar is always the best way with our family. However feel free to toss it all together before hand!
No matter how you serve it, you’ll love it. Full of flavor and easy to make! A win-win for everyone!
Did I mention that you don’t even have to heat the oven for this meal? Perfect for summer when it’s super hot outside and you don’t want take out!
- 3 Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 small package of cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts, shredded - Use a Rotisserie Chicken!
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced.
- Ground black pepper (per tastes)
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, lime juice, cilantro & salt.
- Place shredded chicken in dressing and let marinade for 10 minutes to 1 hour in fridge.
- In separate bowls, place lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- Have each person dish up their salad and drizzle dressing and chicken on top.
- Lightly sprinkle with ground black pepper.