Beefy Noodle Casserole – Your kids new favorite meal. Ground Beef, Macaroni Noodles, Cheese and Corn all make for one very tasty meal!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage on your purchase, which helps keep this website running! Thank you!
Do you ever have that conversation with your kids about how they loudly complain about dinner and the torture it is to eat what you’ve made, only to have them quickly realize that they LOVE it?
We have these conversations pretty regularly in our house. My 6 year old is referred to as the worlds pickiest eater.
And without fail will loudly complain to anyone willing to listen that the food in front of her is yucky, gross or my new favorite term, ‘disgusting.’
I can only hope that she is as lucky as I am, and that one day she’ll have a child who feels the same about her cooking.
We do however have a rule in our house. One bite. You have to try one bite. If you don’t like it, fine. We’ll work with you on a very unexciting second option (usually a sandwich).
However around 85% of the time she ends up LOVING what I’ve made and asks for seconds.
This Beefy Noodle Casserole was one of those times. Despite her hooting and hollering about dinner, she had to try her one bite. And ended up having thirds! She even asked for it for dinner the next night as she liked it that much.
Then a few weeks later I made this same Beefy Noodle Casserole but with a slight variation. Always recipe testing as you can imagine; so we tend to eat the same meal a few different times over the course of a few months.
And would you believe this child did it all again? Crying out at the table about how terrible it looks and how she wouldn’t eat it.
And as I knew would happen, loved it, remembered it and asked for seconds.
I wish the cycle would end, but it doesn’t. One day when she goes off to college, she’ll realize how lucky she is to have a mom who can cook. I just have to wait another 12+ years till then!
So here’s the deal with this Beefy Noodle Casserole.
This has everything kids like. Ground beef, noodles, corn and cheese. Therefore, they are guaranteed to like it. The same goes for adults.
This Beefy Noodle Casserole also reheats well and makes a GREAT freezer meal.
But what I like most about it, is that from start to finish, it’s ready in under an hour. Add some garlic bread or rolls as a side and you’ve got a complete meal.
I should also mention this Beefy Noodle Casserole is very versatile. Instead of corn use Peas or green beans. Top it with some fresh parsley or add a hint of cayenne for a kick. And by all means substitute one of the cans of cream of chicken soup for cream of onion.
The point is, that this is such a great casserole to play with and to adjust to your personal tastes.
This is one of those kid approved, asked for THIRDS meals that rarely happen. It’s now on our list for regular rotation and my kids are THRILLED that mom “finally” made something they liked.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or season salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups dry elbow noodles (3 cups cooked)
- 2 cups cheese (use your favorite flavor)
- 1 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, cook ground beef and onion until ground beef is cooked through and onions are translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add corn, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Mix well.
- Add salt, black pepper and paprika. Mix well.
- Add noodles and cheese and mix well.
- If your skillet is oven safe then leave it in your skillet. If not, then transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine crushed crackers and butter.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Other Ground Beef Casseroles You’ll Love…