Barbecue Sweet Pork Pizza is one of those must make recipes for anyone who loves pizza.
Now I didn’t say pulled pork pizza.
I didn’t say barbecue pizza.
I said Barbecue Sweet Pork Pizza.
There is a difference and it all starts with the Sweet Pork.
The sweet pork I use on this pizza is from my Cafe Rio Style Sweet Pork.
It is hands down amazing and got me to come out of my 20 year no pork phase.
You read the correct. 20 years. For 20 years I gave up on pork.
I really don’t care for the taste of it.And in general avoid it.
Don’t get me wrong, I make it all the time for my family, I just choose not to partake.
UNTIL I started making a ton of sweet pork.
It’s often requested and I’m always trying to find new tasty ways to use it and after hearing all the hype about it, I had to try it for myself.
And holy cow was it good. It was especially good on this Barbecue Sweet pork Pizza.
The pizza crust takes only 15 minutes to make from start to use and the pizza itself comes together in minutes.
The flavors all mixed together are amazing and this is now on my must make list anytime I make sweet pork.
I especially love how easy it is to pull together and how it’s kid friendly.
We are fans of making this for when we have company over and love eating it as leftovers because it reheats nicely!
If you love pizza and sweet pork, then you really must give this a try. It will certainly end up on your favorites list too!
Other 30 Minute Meal Recipes You’ll Love…
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups sweet pulled pork
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Optional but recommended - Cilantro Lime Dressing
- In a mixing bowl combine yeast and warm water and sugar. Cover with a dish towel and let poof for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add salt, vegetable oil and flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Once all of flour has been added, cover again and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and roll out onto your favorite pizza pan, pizza stone or cookie sheet.
- Spread barbecue sauce all over dough, leaving 1/2 inch along sides with no sauce.
- Sprinkle with onion and pulled pork.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425*F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
- If using Cilantro Lime Dressing, drizzle over pizza before eating - HIGHLY recommend - loved it!