Baked Burritos take on a mexican flair with this easy recipe!
I’m at it again with a tasty Mexican inspired dish!
If you’ve not noticed, Mexican style food is my favorite.
And these Baked Burritos are unique and delicious.
My husband, who does not agree with me that Mexican food should be a weekly meal, if not more often, would prefer to eat pizza every night.
Unfortunately I can’t do pizza every night, and I do the cooking, so my cravings always win.
Don’t get me wrong, I love pizza. And we eat pizza a lot.
But we eat Mexican dishes more.
These Mexican inspired Baked Burritos are a typical burrito inside.
You can fill them with the items I did, or you can tweak them to your families tastes and what you have on hand.
However rather than just rubbing them down with a little oil and baking them, I take these Baked Burritos to a whole new level and bake them in enchilada sauce.
This adds a tasty flavor that really pulls the entire dish together.
I also like to top my Baked Burrito with a nice helping of my Cilantro Lime Dressing.
It is hands down on of my favorite recipes on the website and I use it in just about everything I can get away with.
Plus I’m crazy enough that I ALWAYS have it ready to go in my fridge.
It’s as much a staple as ketchup or milk and once you try it, it will be for you too!
This dish is easy, kid friendly and FREEZABLE!!
Just prepare it all, wrap it in heavy duty foil and freeze.
When ready to bake, allow to thaw in fridge overnight (or while you are at work) and bake as normal (though you may need to add an extra 15 minutes to it if it didn’t thaw all the way) or if you are baking it frozen bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes depending on your oven.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package of taco seasoning (or 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained - can substitute refried beans if desired.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce - any kind
- 1 large tomato (optional)
- 1 (19 ounce) can of mild enchilada sauce
- 1 recipe for Cilantro Lime Dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Cook ground beef and taco seasoning until beef is cooked through.
- In the bottom of a 9x9 pan, pour 1/4 can of enchilada sauce.
- In the middle of a tortilla, layer ground beef, black beans, onions, cheese & lettuce and tomato.
- Fold up like a burrito and lay in the pan on top of the enchilada sauce.
- Repeat with each burrito.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over burritos making sure to cover all of the tortilla.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, plate and top with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Other Ground Beef Recipes You’ll Love…