Oh man, if you’ve not had this Asian Ramen Noodle Salad, you are missing out. This is hands down one of our favorite salads. Easy and keeps well for days to enjoy over and over again!
Here’s the story of how this Asian Ramen Noodle Salad came to be! Imagine for a moment the pressure of having a food blogger over for dinner. Not me. But Sheena from Hot Eats, Cool Reads and her daughter to dinner at our place that we had literally just moved into a month prior. The pressure was on to make something delicious, easy, and that our kids will all eat. That, my dear friends is a VERY tall order.
I was nervous, I’d never met her before and good grief if I didn’t want dinner to be a total failure. So I decided to make a double batch of my daughters favorite meal Honey Chicken. However I also decided to “speed the process up” which then took twice as long to make. I should have known better as I’ve been making that meal for several years but my nerves got to me and my “quick” method, ended up being the long method.
So dinner was an hour behind schedule, and it was as we were standing in my kitchen, with a sink full of dishes, and me cooking and chatting, that I was truly grateful I had thought ahead and whipped up this side dish to go with our meal. No last minute preparations. Just literally pulling it out of the fridge, giving it a quick mix and setting it on the table.
Since then, this Asian Ramen Noodle Salad has become one of our favorite salads. Easy to prepare, can be done the night before and oh so tasty!
Sheena was amazing. Kind, sincere, easy going and didn’t judge me for a messy kitchen and a late dinner! We ended up hitting it off better than I had expected and I now consider her a good friend.
It was during dinner, that she expressed to me that this salad is one of her daughters favorite things to eat! By some stroke of luck BOTH of our picky kids ATE DINNER, got along and now are also good friends! It really was a great night!
I can’t really say it was the salad that sparked our friendship but it certainly helped create a bond between our families!
If you have never had this Asian Ramen Noodle Salad, then stop and try it. It’s different, delicious and easy to make ahead of time.
It’s a great salad to take to a pot luck, funeral or baby shower. Or you could just be an awesome person and make it for yourself!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links as a free service to you!
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 14 ounce package prepackaged cole slaw mix
- 1 12 ounce package of prepackaged broccoli slaw mix (we've also done it with two broccoli slaw mixes)
- 2 packages of Ramen Noodles (either beef or oriental flavor, we've used both and like them equally)
- 1/4 cup seeded sesame seeds (or raw peanuts work well too)
- Preheat oven to 300*F.
- Place almonds onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes until almonds are fragrant but not golden. Remove and set aside.
- While almonds are baking, make dressing. Combine olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce & sugar into a medium bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved and well mixed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the broccoli slaw and cole slaw together.
- Before opening the ramen noodle packages, break noodles into small pieces no bigger than 1/2 inch. Open and dump into slaw mix - reserving seasoning packets.
- Add cooled almonds and sesame seeds to slaw mix and mix well.
- Pour reserved seasoning packet contents into your dressing and mix again.
- Pour entire dressing over slaw mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.
- Note: I like to mix my salad again after 2 hours to make sure sauce stays evenly distributed.
Items recommended for this recipe include…
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…