With school back in session or soon to be in session, we are all in need of a quick no fuss recipes.
The first thing the kids will say upon walking in the door from school is, ‘I’m hungry, what’s for dinner?!’
So…what is for dinner? How about this simple, no fuss, toss it and go meal? It’s delicious, has kid approved ingredients and, well it’s literally a 123 kind of dish. 6 ingredients that get layered, which is as easy as 1,2,3.
Whip this up and become Super Mom, or Super Dad and enjoy your success! Add a veggie on the side and you’ve got a full meal!
Go on, it’s so easy, that you really have nothing to lose!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Season Salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 pound frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is soft and translucent.
- In a 9x9 casserole dish, place ground beef and onion on bottom of dish.
- Gently sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon season salt over the top of beef.
- Sprinkle all of cheese on top of beef mixture.
- Spread cream of chicken soup over top of ground beef.
- Top with tater tots and sprinkle with remaining season salt.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve Immediately
Recipe Adapted From: Mrs. Dean Hinkemeyer in the “From the Country Kitchens of St. Augusta” Cookbook